Chicago POE

Old Nov 20th 2001, 1:01 am
Nikki

Hi,

My fiance will be arriving on Thanksgiving Day from Australia. His POE is going to be
chicago. Has anyone had any recent K-1 entry experiences going through Chicago? And
if so, we were trying to estimate out how long it would take him to get his paperwork
and stuff done.

Thanks,

Nicole

Old Nov 20th 2001, 3:00 am
K

my fiance came in thru chicago in july. it took him 3 months to get his EAD/work
authorization after we applied for AOS. it will most likely be another couple of
years before his greencard comes thru.

hope this helps.

nikki wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 20th 2001, 3:34 am
Di Martin

I am not 100% sure but I think Nikki actually means the initial entry into the states
through POE Chicago not so much the AOS.... if this is not the case I am most
interested in any recent experiences regarding the initial entry of processing as I
will have to book a connecting flight and would like to make sure I dont miss it.
Sadly for me though mine will be some time in the new year for sure!!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Hi,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My fiance will be arriving on Thanksgiving Day from Australia. His POE is going[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to be chicago. Has anyone had any recent K-1 entry experiences going through[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Chicago? And if so, we were trying to estimate out how long it would take him to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > get his paperwork and stuff done.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Nicole[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 20th 2001, 12:20 pm
Nikki

I was just wondering how long it took to get through at the airport. His POE will be
Chicago, but he has a connecting flight to San Antonio. He has six hours from the
time he gets to Chicago till his connecting flight to San Antonio, TX.

Thanks, Nikki

"Di Martin" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > my fiance came in thru chicago in july. it took him 3 months to get his EAD/work[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > authorization after we applied for AOS. it will most likely be another couple of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > years before his greencard comes thru.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > hope this helps.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > nikki wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Hi,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > My fiance will be arriving on Thanksgiving Day from Australia. His POE is going[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > to be chicago. Has anyone had any recent K-1 entry experiences going through[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Chicago? And if so, we were trying to estimate out how long it would take him[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > to get his paperwork and stuff done.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Nicole[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 20th 2001, 1:53 pm
Alvena Ferreira

nikki wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
I'd say that six hours is adequate time for immigration and catching a connecting
flight at any airport in the US, frankly. Even if he is late getting into O'Hare.

Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Nov 20th 2001, 11:30 pm
Nikki

Alvena Ferreira <[email protected]>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I was just wondering how long it took to get through at the airport. His POE will[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > be Chicago, but he has a connecting flight to San Antonio. He has six hours from[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the time he gets to Chicago till his connecting flight to San Antonio, TX.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi,

Thanks. Have a nice Thanksgiving

Old Nov 20th 2001, 11:31 pm
Nikki

Alvena Ferreira <[email protected]>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I was just wondering how long it took to get through at the airport. His POE will[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > be Chicago, but he has a connecting flight to San Antonio. He has six hours from[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the time he gets to Chicago till his connecting flight to San Antonio, TX.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi,

Thanks. Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Old Nov 21st 2001, 6:22 pm
Daniel Douglas

to everyone - My fiancee just got here nov 8th and she came through Chicago O'Hare...
she told me that she got more questions from the customs guy than the immigration
guy. With K-1 in hand, he just looked at her a couple of times, and stamped it and
said, "Ok. Here you go..." then the enslaught came from the customs "what are you
doing here... do you have fresh fruit... etc.." which struck me rather weird....
but... inconsistency is a b****... oh well. Not that i'm complaining... just letting
you know what happened with us

Daniel (US) and May (Norway *but now US*)