Chest X-Rays for medical

Old Jul 6th 2001, 4:38 am
Blakely28

I am taking my husbany for his medical this coming week. This week he had his
vaccinations, blood tests, and TB skin test done and everything came back good. His
TB skin test was negative. Anyways while there, the nurse stated that we shouldn't
need a Chest X-Ray since his TB test was negative. Is this true?? Did anyone else out
there not have to have a chest X-Ray when the TB skin test was negative?? I ask only
because INS approved doc said its $40.00 extra for the XRay plus the regular $80.00
doc visit... I just shelled out $57.00 for vaccines/blood work/ and tb test this
week. All I can say is this, and this is just my humble opinion.... it's a shame that
we as human beings have to litteraly "buy" our spouces into this country and then
take the risk of having him or her deported. My husband and I have spent almost a
$800.00 of our hard earned money just so I can "buy"(thats the way I feel about it
when it comes to the INS) his citizenship... Ok I'm off my soap box, but this is just
my 2 cents. I feel better just venting. Back to my original question... about the
X-Ray...thanks!!

Old Jul 6th 2001, 11:04 am
Grinch

>
his
    >
good.
    >
we
    >
true?? Did
    >
was
    >
the
    >
    >
this is
    >
    >
having
    >
hard
    >
comes to
    >
    >
about the
    >

I don't think he will need a X ray. The INS does not set the cost of the medical, the
doctor does. Would you prefer that the USA does not medically check immigrants then?
Or would you prefer the cost to be borne by tax payers instead of the immigrant. Also
unless you are committing marriage fraud or he has a contagious disease there is
little or no risk of having him deported.

Grinch

Old Jul 6th 2001, 12:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We all need to vent sometimes and it does feel good to have done so. Its like a good belch....leaves room for more gas to build up ;-)

As for buying your husband's way into the country, here's hoping you think he is worth the price ;-)

FWIW, immigration is not cheap in many countries of the world. Take Canada for instance. It is just as expensive (if not more so) to have a spouse migrate to Canada from another part of the world. The process is very much the same with only slight variations in the theme. Australia isn't that cheap either. There are costs involved in pushing paper and that goes for whether you are migrating based on marriage to a USC, marriage to a green card holder, an H-1B (although the employer picks up most of those fees I believe), F-1, etc.

Heck people can do as a NG poster did not long ago. Have a job, have a spouse who is getting disability payments and walk into the INS and tell them you want to have the fees waived because you can't afford them.

I was thinking in cases like this or where the couple or immigrant has a tight financial situation, why can't INS waive the fees on the condition that the filers sign a promissory note and have five years to repay the "loan". They can do this like with student loans and if they are not repaid (with interest) in due course, INS can take them to small claims court to recoup the funds and damage their credit ratings or garnishee their salary. After all, the immigrant is given the right to work and with that right is the ability to earn a salary and that salary can pay back what they have taken from the US citizens.

Look at the poor Highlanders. An attorney's advice was their financial downfall. As a result they have spent double fees to try and accomplish the very same objective ... permanent residency for a foreign spouse. In the interim they have an I-130 pending in TSC, and I-130 and I-485 and I-765 pending at their local INS office and from the looks of things, now that they have filed on the local level, the TSC is heating up under political pressure and their original I-130 will approved before he gets his permission to work.

Take the Grinch who lives with a mini-zoo in a trailer park in the Endless Mountain range. He trained otty to pick pockets to come up with the fees. Hooty was his look out and accomplice. Otty with give the wallet to Hooty who would fly back to the trailer park with it and Grinch would take out $5 from the wallet, give it back to Hooty who gave it back to Otty and Otty would return the wallet to the pocket he took it from. There was a problem once when Otty put a wallet from some guy into a lady's purse. That poor lady is still trying to explain to the authorities how she came into possession of it. The guy that got her wallet is happy as a lark. He now dresses up in frilly dresses and a wig and tries to pass himself off as a woman when he frequents the rural single bars.

Oh well, ramblings are over.

Rita
Old Jul 6th 2001, 2:18 pm
koibito

>
    >

Probably. There is little reason for the X-Ray in this case altho the results of the
TB skin test can be false negative also.

The tuberculin skin test is considered positive if the induration i.e. the bump is
10mm in diameter -- 5mm is negative. A BCG can sometimes give a false-positive
reaction. Neither the chest film nor the skin test are diagnostic for TB, but the
presence of either plus a history of exposure and symptoms are considered in
classifying TB.

>
    >

Eh? Immigrants should not bring Hansen's disease, TBC, syphilis, HIV or other
infectious diseases to the U.S., and they shouldn't be drug users. That's not
unreasonable.

--jan
--
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking
good, either.

Old Jul 7th 2001, 2:32 am
Blakely28

I think you guys misunderstood me about my "venting" I did about having to spend so
much money to get my husband to stay here. I have no problem with him having all
these tests/vaccines/medical... he needs them. I was just venting about all the money
spent like the $100.00 we spent on his EAD when he is only having it for 2 weeks and
then the interviw. I didn't mean to make anyone mad at me or misunderstand what I was
saying. Im sorry. And to that man Mr. Grinch, I am not commiting marriage fraud. I
love my husband so much. Im just really scared and nervous (I read too many horror
stories on the net about spouses being deported) and sometime it helps to vent, but I
promise not to say anything more because I don't want to say something that may be
construde as wrong. Again I am sorry.

Old Jul 7th 2001, 4:06 am
Paul

Assume you will need it and you wont go wrong...my guess is you will. However thats
based on my experience.

As for the cost...its horrendous and adds up over the years...but hey you save it in
the price of petrol/gas...

>
his
    >
good.
    >
we
    >
true?? Did
    >
was
    >
the
    >
    >
this is
    >
    >
having
    >
hard
    >
comes to
    >
    >
about the
    >

Old Jul 7th 2001, 1:02 pm
Grinch

>
    >
him
    >
venting
    >
only
    >
mad
    >
Grinch,
    >
really
    >
spouses
    >
    >
as
    >

There is no need to apologise. I understand that you are fustrated and of course it
is a pisser to shell out hard earned bucks for very bad service. I still maintain
though that the cost should be borne by the immigrant and the person who petitioned
for him not the taxpayer. I do think that the taxpayer should be responsible for
secure borders but if someone wants to "import" a bride or a husband, that cost
should be paid by the interested parties. If it improves service then this cost
should be raised however I think that it probably would not. The money raised would
just get swallowed up. I never suggested that you were commiting marriage fraud. I
said that unless you were, you have absolutely nothing to fear from the interview
process. No one has ever been deported for forgetting to take a piece of paper to the
interview. It may delay the process a little but deportation is not going to happen.
People do not just get thrown out for no reason, I garuntee that behind every "Horror
story" there is a reason that meant deportation was the right punishment. I find it
amazing that despite reading daily of succesfull adjustements people get fixated on
horror stories most of which belong in "Urban Legends". This is a newsgroup, people
can say what they feel, not everyone agrees with everything everybody writes. Some of
our best discussions in here have come from disagreements. Please do not stop posting
just because I disagreed with you. I am just a faceless yahoo who sits and messes
around in the group, I disagree with lots that is posted in here and on occasions I
say so. That does not mean that I am right although I normally am. Anyway I must stop
now, I have to go back and watch paint dry.

Grinch