Checking FBI Background Status

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

aoshelp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Checking FBI Background Status

AOS approved pending background check.

Called FBI fingerprinting check center. Was told that fingerprints were approved the same day (11/22/04).

Emailed FBI name check center today (2/2/05). Have not received a reply yet.

I have heard that people have waited years for the name check to clear. Am worried now.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Checking FBI Background Status

Originally Posted by aoshelp

Called FBI fingerprinting check center. Was told that fingerprints were approved the same day (11/22/04).

I have heard that people have waited years for the name check to clear. Am worried now.
Just curious what's to worry about? In the meantime, while waiting, you'll can still be here, living and working. I know it's frustrating, but IMHO, nothing to really worry about.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:33 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Just curious what's to worry about? In the meantime, while waiting, you'll can still be here, living and working. I know it's frustrating, but IMHO, nothing to really worry about.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Just starting the AOS process. Found myself worrying about whether to use blue or black ink. It's part of the process.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Just starting the AOS process. Found myself worrying about whether to use blue or black ink. It's part of the process.
I guess you're right. I did my share of worrying, and I'm sure it's not over yet! For some reason it just sounded like he was worried he'd be deported or something very drastic....

Rene
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all

The time to get a reply from Name check center is well over 8- 10 weeks!
I emailed in november and still waiting for reply....

about worrying part, I agree with Renee, you are already here, living, working... I think if i was at that stage I wouldn't worry about it. My fiance is thousands miles away and we need name check to be completed just to be with each other.....
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all

I wanted to know if your case was approved, I am in the same situation as yours..had my interview and the adjudication is pending background check.
do you know how long the fingerprints are valid for?
thanks!
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ndori
I wanted to know if your case was approved, I am in the same situation as yours..had my interview and the adjudication is pending background check.
do you know how long the fingerprints are valid for?
thanks!
FBI is replying to emails sent on October 28, 2004 at the moment. I sent the request on November 17 so still a month more to go i guess.....
They are wayy tooo back logged!

Sanna
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

lele is an unknown quantity at this point

On the site "www.candleforlove.com" at the last look, there were at least 4 people held up for at least 6 months, due to these name checks. However, it is in the US Regulations that people from China get checked at a much higher rate than most nations, so if you have been checked, the situation stinks, but at least if you are not from China or the middle east or Russia, the chances of your being checked are lower.

I wish you well, and keep at it!

Just to note: my information here is provided for the pre-visa issuance background checks, and I am not sure if the same rules apply for the AOS round of background checks...
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

notsoonenough is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lele
On the site "www.candleforlove.com" at the last look, there were at least 4 people held up for at least 6 months, due to these name checks. However, it is in the US Regulations that people from China get checked at a much higher rate than most nations, so if you have been checked, the situation stinks, but at least if you are not from China or the middle east or Russia, the chances of your being checked are lower.

I wish you well, and keep at it!

Just to note: my information here is provided for the pre-visa issuance background checks, and I am not sure if the same rules apply for the AOS round of background checks...
Huh?? Doesn't every applicant have to go through a background check?
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by notsoonenough
Huh?? Doesn't every applicant have to go through a background check?
Yep!!

But, if you are from China, Russia, or some middle eastern nations, a random selection of somewhere between 5% and 20% are 'chosen' to undergo a "second" background check, which seems to take an extra 6 months to 1 year to process...
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:37 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Yep!!

But, if you are from China, Russia, or some middle eastern nations, a random selection of somewhere between 5% and 20% are 'chosen' to undergo a "second" background check, which seems to take an extra 6 months to 1 year to process...
Wrong. Here is a link to some detailed info about FBI checks directly from the FBI to congress:

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress...rity021304.htm

Marnee
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
Wrong. Here is a link to some detailed info about FBI checks directly from the FBI to congress:

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress...rity021304.htm

Marnee

Marnee,

I believe that you are *wrong* on this one.

The data provided by people going through the process shows that it varies, but is always in the range from 5% to 20% from China.

If you call and ask them about the "second background check", the people become uneasy and usually refuse to answer, but when congress people check into it, they always seem to turn it out as being there.

I feel that this may be part of the testimony either not included on the website, or which stays "classified".

The numbers, based on posts that individuals have given, seen to reject the argument given in the link above.

And if you believe this could not happen, I can point out hundreds of congressional testimonies by executive branch members which have not been truthful or accurate.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 2:34 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Marnee,

I believe that you are *wrong* on this one.
I think that it is probably a confusion in terms because there is the 'fingerprint check' and then the 'name check', which people could be calling the first and second background check. There is also cases where the consulate checks local references (neighbors, home checks, etc) as part of administrative reviews.

But then again, the government never ceases to surprise me, so who knows. "just because you are paranoid, doesnt mean they arent out to get you!"

Marnee
Old Feb 16th 2005, 3:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
I think that it is probably a confusion in terms because there is the 'fingerprint check' and then the 'name check', which people could be calling the first and second background check. There is also cases where the consulate checks local references (neighbors, home checks, etc) as part of administrative reviews.

But then again, the government never ceases to surprise me, so who knows. "just because you are paranoid, doesnt mean they arent out to get you!"

Marnee

In actuality, I would stake my reputation on the fact that the second inspection is because the first received a "hit" on the first one. If there is a hit the delay can be up to 6 months to clear. Remember those areas of the world do have names that are very similar and/or very common and as such a hit is not necessarily about the person on who the inquiry is based but still it has to be cleared.

Remember also that there are multiple checks for all visas and petitions, i.e. FBI (name and print), CIA, IBIS, local police clearance, if required Interpol clearance, etc.

So to say it is doubly difficult because the USCIS has an in for certain nationalities is ludicrious.

Rete
Old Feb 16th 2005, 4:04 pm

..... but at least if you are not from China or the middle east or Russia, the chances of your being checked are lower.
The chances of being checked are not lower....every applicant gets the same check done on them. But chances of getting a "hit" on your name is higher when you come from one of the countries you mentioned. Therefore, those countries get further checks done on them, which delays the security check process.

My Iranian fiance was stuck in security checks at NVC for 3 months while other people passed us by with lightning speed. LOL But that's they way it goes...we knew that coming into the process that we'd have a longer time of it than others. No big deal...it all worked out in the end, and he's here now.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.