check list?

Old May 3rd 2004, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough
Default check list?

Is there anywhere that I can find a check list of everything that we will need to go along with the forms for a K3 visa ? Just trying to get things in order.
Old May 3rd 2004, 2:47 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: check list?

Originally posted by gemmacat
Is there anywhere that I can find a check list of everything that we will need to go along with the forms for a K3 visa ? Just trying to get things in order.
This may help:

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/index.htm#step%209
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

gemma,

The consulate where you (or your husband) will be applying for the visa. It comes in the visa application package (aka Packet #3)

Regards, JEff

Old May 3rd 2004, 4:07 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
gemma,

The consulate where you (or your husband) will be applying for the visa. It comes in the visa application package (aka Packet #3)

Regards, JEff
I think she may be talking about the I-129f package?
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:10 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Maybe so, but two separate processes, as you're now experiencing first hand, James!

Gemma, go to the uscis website and print off the instructions for the form you need. There will be a list of evidentiary items you need to send for the petition.

If your guy is going through London, their website then gives the directions for submitting the application for the visa.

~SecretGarden
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:13 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

mcj,

She asked about "the forms for a K3 visa".

Why do you suspect that she means something else? Do you have reason to suspect that she has no idea what she's asking about?

Regards, JEff

Old May 3rd 2004, 4:20 pm

Jeff, just trying to clarify things as "forms" are involved with both processes, I-129f package and Packet 3. However copies of documents (birth certificate) are only needed for I-129f package, not for packet 3.
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Actually all of them....
Trying to have documents ready to speed up the time frame.
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:28 pm

Actually all of them....
Yes thats a good idea, be sure to consult the example forms over at Visajourney when filling in yours:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=examples

Cheers

James
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:33 pm

mcj,

She asks specifically about visa and you think she means petition? This is "clarify[ing]" things?

And about birth certificate - in my experience the alien's birth certificate is required for the visa but not (usually) for the petition. But then, whose birth certificate were you talking about?

Thanks for the clarity...

Regards, JEff

Jeff, just trying to clarify things as "forms" are involved with both processes, I-129f package and Packet 3. However copies of documents (birth certificate) are only needed for I-129f package, not for packet 3.
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Actually all of them....

Let me clarify...
I am trying to get documents either ordered or copied. I also want to give my hubby (future) what he should have for when packet 3 arrives. I know he needs police clearances, but if there are anyother things. For example: in the I-130 and packet 3, should we get two sets of US passport style pics? That kind of stuff. I would have never known about the police clearances without reading it on this site.
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:37 pm

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
mcj,

She asks specifically about visa and you think she means petition? This is "clarify[ing]" things?

And about birth certificate - in my experience the alien's birth certificate is required for the visa but not (usually) for the petition. But then, whose birth certificate were you talking about?

Thanks for the clarity...

Regards, JEff
Hahaha ok Jeff! But to apply for a K3 visa you need to file a petition, and if you look at her last post she said she's asking about both (petition/packet 3)! So she would be filing a petition and would need a birth certificate. I was merely trying to see what she was specifically talking about then go from there! happy?
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hahaha ok Jeff! But to apply for a K3 visa you need to file a petition, and if you look at her last post she said she's asking about both (petition/packet 3)! So she would be filing a petition and would need a birth certificate. I was merely trying to see what she was specifically talking about then go from there! happy?

In the midst of a very hard day of teaching middle school (Its lunchtime now - thank Goodness), you all make my day.