Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Charlotte NC-filers: I got my AOS interview date.

Charlotte NC-filers: I got my AOS interview date.

Old Oct 9th 2004, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice
Default Re: For anggraeni

hi, rukhie.
yes i got interim EAD and that was for 8 months only. i didnt get a chance to work. i got EAD in early December and i found out i was pregnant 2 weeks later... so decided to stay home and be a housewife at least till my baby is big enough.

so, i never got a chance to get actual EAD. maybe after i got greencard later, i will look for a home-based job.

have a good weekend!
anggraeni

Originally Posted by Rukhie
Congrats!!!! and good luck with the interview...please let us know how it went.

another question i had was about the EAD.....according to you timeline, you got an interim EAD in dec 2003...i'm assuming it was for 8 months? So that would expire in AUG2004....and now it's OCT2004...did u ever get an actual EAD? if not, how have you been working without one?

Thanks!
Rukhie
Old Oct 10th 2004, 2:55 am
Just Joined

eilis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Charlotte NC-filers: I got my AOS interview date.

Congratulations! I was hoping you'd get your interview soon. We filed in July 2003 and our interview was August 16 2004. It was way easier than I'd expected and it seemed like the officer had decided to approve us before we even started. She actually said some interviews take so long that she has to hurry through "the genuine ones" like ours. Fine by me

Feel free to PM me if you want to know any more about our experience.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For anggraeni

Thanks anggraeni!
Good luck with the interview and hope you're having fun with the baby!

Rukhie