Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Changing fonts in INS fillable forms? Can't fit info into fields.

Changing fonts in INS fillable forms? Can't fit info into fields.

Old Jul 27th 2002, 11:20 pm
David

Default Changing fonts in INS fillable forms? Can't fit info into fields.

The default font size is fairly large and I'm having trouble fitting the required
info into specific fields on the INS fillable forms. Is this a typical problem? Can I
change the font size to help fit more letters into the fields? If not, are reasonable
abbreviations accepted by INS?

Old Jul 28th 2002, 7:20 am
Toby Everett

Default Re: Changing fonts in INS fillable forms? Can't fit info into fields.

"David" <sirfelix(removethis)@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > The default font size is fairly large and I'm having trouble fitting the required
    > info into specific fields on the INS fillable forms. Is this a typical problem? Can
    > I change the font size to help fit more letters into the fields? If not, are
    > reasonable abbreviations accepted by INS?

I think the only way to change the font size is to purchase a full copy of Acrobat
($200+) and edit the structure of the form. There may be other applications that can
do it, but I couldn't find any way to do it using either Acrobat Reader or Acrobat
Approval (the later is the $40 version that lets you save your changes. I used
abbreviations in a few places. I was also disappointed to learn that I couldn't use
Unicode . I wanted to use Latin Extended-A characters, but no dice.

--Toby Everett

Old Jul 28th 2002, 10:44 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by David
The default font size is fairly large and I'm having trouble fitting the required info into specific fields on the INS fillable forms. Is this a typical problem? Can I change the font size to help fit more letters into the fields? If not, are reasonable
abbreviations accepted by INS?
http://149.101.23.2/graphics/fieldof...al/index.htm#B

"The address block on the forms is the data field captured for all of our mailings. Consistent with the limitations on the number of characters per line (a maximum of 32) and the total numbers of lines (4) in that field, whatever is in the block will become the mailing address used by the system. The data in these fields is entered exactly as indicated on the forms. Please include internal routing symbols in the address block, especially for large organizations. It is better to abbreviate the name of the organization and have space for the routing codes than to fully spell out the name and have notices sit in the organization's mailroom."

I additionally used pen to fill inthe ends of country names etc that didn't fit too well. Neatness counts!
Old Jul 28th 2002, 12:21 pm
Marjeta

We had a similar problem. We were using internet fillable forms for our I-129F
petition and biographic information. At a couple of places we couldn't fill out the
way we wanted and we didn't have all the info at the time, so we handwrote the rest
of the info later. I don't see why you couldn't do that. We had no problem whatsoever
being approved.

M.