Change of employment status?

Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:38 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Change of employment status?

Hi,

When my wife submitted the I-130 for me she was unemployed but since then she has managed to get a job, she's worried now that she needs to contact USCIS somehow to inform them of the change but doesn't know how. Does she need to tell them or is it ok for her to just put that she's working in any new forms we have to fill out? We've only just received the affidavit forms to fill out. I only thought things like change of address, name and marital status etc needed to be reported by her at this stage, I hadn't considered that her getting a job may need to be reported too. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:17 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of employment status?

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
I hadn't considered that her getting a job may need to be reported too.
Your original assumption was correct... a change in employment doesn't have to be reported. Put it on any new forms if required, but don't worry about stuff already submitted.

Ian
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

lily74 is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not know the answer to this, but would also be curious to know. I am currently filing in GA, but will be moving in the summer, then myself and my husband will both be getting new jobs.
Does this change need to be reported?
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:22 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Change of employment status?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Your original assumption was correct... a change in employment doesn't have to be reported. Put it on any new forms if required, but don't worry about stuff already submitted.

Ian
Thanks very much, that's one less thing for us to stress about
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Hi,

When my wife submitted the I-130 for me she was unemployed but since then she has managed to get a job, she's worried now that she needs to contact USCIS somehow to inform them of the change but doesn't know how. Does she need to tell them or is it ok for her to just put that she's working in any new forms we have to fill out? We've only just received the affidavit forms to fill out. I only thought things like change of address, name and marital status etc needed to be reported by her at this stage, I hadn't considered that her getting a job may need to be reported too. Any help would be appreciated.

You don't say if you are waiting outside of the US for the approval of the I-130 and further processing at the US Consulate or if you are inside of the US and your wife and you didn't file the I-485 at the same time she filed the I-130.

Either way, the change in employment status is non-relevant at this point. It was true at the time of filing. The employment status can and should be updated at the time of the interview when the affidavit of support is required. Then she can put down the employment history and show her salary, etc.