Change of address forms?

Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:01 pm
Templar

Default Re: Change of address forms?

Noorah101 Wrote:
    > Call the 800 number to notify them.
I moved a few months ago and only mailed AR-11 form. I thought that
was all I had to do. Is calling them required?

--
Templar
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:24 pm
Templar

Chessiet Wrote:
    >
    >
    > Ok, just had a chance to look at the AR-11 form. Am I seeing things or
    > does that form need to be completed and mailed to ENGLAND? I'd have
    > expected we'd send it to some Homeland Security office here in the US.
    >

Urm... I am not sure you are joking or really confused. :confused:
It's London, Kentucky. Surely, you didn't confuse that with London,
England?

--
Templar
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Sep 29th 2005, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Chessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud of
Default Change of address forms?

Hey all,

I haven't been back on these boards in a while (I guess that's what happens when all your paperwork goes smoothly ), but I have a question now, that I've searched for and can't find the answer to.

My husband is now a Perm. Resident (got green card, ss#, etc...) and we're moving in 3 weeks. What forms do we have to fill out? I've heard the AR-11 for him, but do I need to also fill out an I-865 as his sponsor? Or do we need to do something entirely different, like contacting our local Homeland Security Office?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Old Sep 29th 2005, 4:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

The alien fills our AR-11. The sponsor(s) fill out I-865. Call the 800 number to notify them. If you have any outstanding petitions (sounds like you don't, though) notify the local office/service center in writing.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 29th 2005, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Chessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi,

The alien fills our AR-11. The sponsor(s) fill out I-865. Call the 800 number to notify them. If you have any outstanding petitions (sounds like you don't, though) notify the local office/service center in writing.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks Rene! Do we have to keep doing this everytime we move, up till he becomes a citizen? There is nothing outstanding, he's a free and clear PR now.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 4:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chessiet
Thanks Rene! Do we have to keep doing this everytime we move, up till he becomes a citizen? There is nothing outstanding, he's a free and clear PR now.
Yes, indeed!

Rene
Old Sep 29th 2005, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, indeed!

Rene
Darn it! Ok, we're not moving for the next 10-20 years, then
Old Sep 29th 2005, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Chessiet
Darn it! Ok, we're not moving for the next 10-20 years, then
I hear ya! Reason being, that he's still a resident alien until he becomes a citizen.

Rene
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

I hear ya! Reason being, that he's still a resident alien until he becomes a citizen.

Rene
Ok, just had a chance to look at the AR-11 form. Am I seeing things or does that form need to be completed and mailed to ENGLAND? I'd have expected we'd send it to some Homeland Security office here in the US.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/ar-11.htm

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it's London, Kentucky! Go about your business, nothing to see here but an insane lunatic

Last edited by Chessiet; Sep 29th 2005 at 9:32 pm.