Chances of Having F1 Approved?

Old Mar 20th 2021, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

sarco11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chances of Having F1 Approved?

I was accepted into a community college at the start of this month, hope to transfer to the neighbouring business school at the end of the first two years.
  • I’m 18
  • Close to $100k self funded
  • Only applied to one college

I’m really nervous about this so any help or sharing of personal experiences would be great, I need to book my interview in the next few days.
Old Mar 20th 2021, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chances of Having F1 Approved?

Where's the community college?
What are you studying there?
Has the college provided you with all the necessary forms for your registration?

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Mar 20th 2021 at 5:36 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2021, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

sarco11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Where's the community college?
What are you studying there?
A community college in Louisiana, I will study Business Administration
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 2:27 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

no expert on this but a quick google search returned the following:
https://www.ice.gov/sevis/f1-transfers
An F-1 student may transfer between SEVP-certified schools. Regulations governing school transfers are in 8 CFR 214.2(f)(8). The transfer process is a way to electronically move Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) records and retain the same SEVIS identification (ID) number for the student.
so you just need to make sure that both colleges are SEVP certified.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
no expert on this but a quick google search returned the following:
https://www.ice.gov/sevis/f1-transfers

so you just need to make sure that both colleges are SEVP certified.
Be sure the school in question is a state institution with no question transfer of credits to any major university such as university of Louisiana/Louisiana State. Some for profit schools try to pass themselves off as an accredited junior college.