CEAC Visa Status

Old Jun 10th 2023, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

aneta_bk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CEAC Visa Status

Hello BE community,

I hope you can answer few questions I have pertaining to my E2 visa application. I emailed my solicitor with the below but received his out of office saying he returns on Monday, 19th June. So I thought I would ask here in hope someone may know the answers.

By way of background - I applied for E2 investor visa, US embassy in London.

I submitted my DS160 on 14 March and my solicitor sent the E2 pack to the embassy on 17 March.
After submission my status on CEAC was 'No Status', case created 14 March.
On 6 June the status changed to 'Application Received', case created 6 June. The status also says: Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.'

My questions are:
1. Does this change on CEAC mean that my application is finally being reviewed and interview invite will be sent shortly? It's now been 55 working days since the submission so I'm nearing the 60 working days for adjudication as per embassy's website.
2. Does the invite to interview get sent to the applicant or legal representative or both?

Thanks in advance,
Old Jun 12th 2023, 12:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEAC Visa Status

Can't help with question 1, but the interview letter should be sent to both of you. Ours (EB1A) was sent to petitioner, attorneys and us (beneficiaries).

Good luck.
Old Jun 12th 2023, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

aneta_bk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CEAC Visa Status

Thank you for your response. It brings me some relief knowing the embassy will notify me as well. The wait continues!