Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

can my wife get a work visa without a job offer!

can my wife get a work visa without a job offer!

Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

rickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nice
Default can my wife get a work visa without a job offer!

i've recently had to return to the UK as the company that I worked for had to make cut backs so my L1-b visa is no longer of any use to me but I was wondering if my wife could apply for a visa without having a job offer in teh US as she is a Phlebotomist by trade and I know that the USA has a short fall of jobs in that area and in other area's of the medical world, she did gain an L2 visa through me even though that's no longer of any use we would still like to get back to the USA and as my work isn't in demand we thought we could try through her work experience! could anyone please advise us of the best route to follow (if any!!!) cheers Rick
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can my wife get a work visa without a job offer!

Originally Posted by rickbashley
I was wondering if my wife could apply for a visa without having a job offer in teh US...
Unless her job qualifies her for a National Interest Waiver - which I seriously doubt - then, no.

Ian
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rickbashley
i've recently had to return to the UK as the company that I worked for had to make cut backs so my L1-b visa is no longer of any use to me but I was wondering if my wife could apply for a visa without having a job offer in teh US as she is a Phlebotomist by trade and I know that the USA has a short fall of jobs in that area and in other area's of the medical world, she did gain an L2 visa through me even though that's no longer of any use we would still like to get back to the USA and as my work isn't in demand we thought we could try through her work experience! could anyone please advise us of the best route to follow (if any!!!) cheers Rick
Need the job offer before the visa

even RNs cannot get visa at this time
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

A blood sucker.

Learn something new everyday.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:51 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

No. Try OZ/NZ/Canada.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

rickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nice

thanks for everyones advise I guess I won't be getting back over to the USA in the near future but i'm still looking at emmigrating just don't know which country it will be in!! Cheers Rick