Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Can multiple AP be used for different countries?

Can multiple AP be used for different countries?

Old Jun 23rd 2002, 3:20 am
Ralph

Default Can multiple AP be used for different countries?

My wife came here on a K1 last year and we are married now for 8 months. We recived a
multiple AP in January of this year. We went back to her home country (Vietnam) in
April of this year. When we applied for the AP we asked for multiple rentry, in case
we might want to go back to Vietnam again this year. But now my wife wants to visit a
relative in Canada (Toronto), maybe this September. Can we use the same AP for
re-entry back into the U.S. after we go to Canada? Do we need any visa for her?
Thanks for any help.

Old Jun 23rd 2002, 11:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can multiple AP be used for different countries?

If your wife has a multiple entry advance parole, she can use it one than once and to more than one country. If the country she wants to visit, however, requires that a person of her nationality requires a visa from that country in order to visit, she still needs to get one. Does Canada require a Vietnamese citizen to have a visa to enter Canada?

Rete
Old Jun 25th 2002, 11:20 pm
Betastar

Default Re: Can multiple AP be used for different countries?

On 22 Jun 2002 19:17:46 -0700, [email protected] (Ralph) wrote:

>My wife came here on a K1 last year and we are married now for 8 months. We recived
    >a multiple AP in January of this year. We went back to her home country (Vietnam) in
    >April of this year. When we applied for the AP we asked for multiple rentry, in case
    >we might want to go back to Vietnam again this year. But now my wife wants to visit
    >a relative in Canada (Toronto), maybe this September. Can we use the same AP for
    >re-entry back into the U.S. after we go to Canada? Do we need any visa for her?
    >Thanks for any help.

I don't know if you need a visa, though I'd be tempted to say Yes. If she'd need
a visa to visit Canada from Vietnam, she still needs one even if she's living in
the US now.

As for the AP, use it for whatever country you want to visit. It has to do with
getting back into the US, and has nothing to do with where you were. (Though I guess
I'd be cautious about visiting *some* places, like Cuba or Afghanistan, without a
good reason..)