Can I do my own EB I-485?

Old Jan 29th 2001, 3:56 am
Posts: n/a

Immigration experts,

I worked for Company A for 2 years. During that time, I got my LC and I-
140. After the I-140 was granted, I left Company A on good terms and joined Company B n
a different state, where I have been for the past year. Company B is not working
out, so I contacted Company A and asked if I could rejoin them and if they would
resume my GC aplication with the next stage (I-485). They said yes, and their
lawyer said yes, too.

After thinking about it, it seems reasonable - as long as they did not withdraw the I-140
petition or the LC (and they said they didn't), as far as the INS is concerned, it's just
another GC application. Where I am currently working is irrelevant, as long as they
haven't applied for an I-140 for me (and they haven't). Am I right?

Now some interesting options are going through my head. Company A says they won't start
the I-485 unless I join them. It's a big, risky, expensive move for my family and I. So...
can I put in the I-485 myself (using my own lawyer) without their involvement?

If I then get the I-485 approved, as long as I then work for them for 1 year I will be OK
- right? Then I can stay here until I get the GC, and then move to Company A (a consulting
company that always needs good skill sets).

Will this idea work? PLEASE help, I am going nuts trying to decide what to do. And yes, I
know I am an idiot for leaving so far into the process, but it seemed like a good idea at
the time (I had .com gold rush fever).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.