Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

can anyone tell me what this letter from the BCIS means?

can anyone tell me what this letter from the BCIS means?

Old Jul 16th 2003, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can anyone tell me what this letter from the BCIS means?

see this post here: http://bcis.stephenpalik.com/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=414

It has a photo of the letter. My basic question is if the EAD will be issued that day or later. Letter does not make clear.

Thanks!
Old Jul 16th 2003, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: can anyone tell me what this letter from the BCIS means?

Originally posted by Steve2003
see this post here: http://bcis.stephenpalik.com/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=414

It has a photo of the letter. My basic question is if the EAD will be issued that day or later. Letter does not make clear.

Thanks!
looks like you get fingerprinting and ead same day. not sure if the "may" fingerprint could be crossed out and a "will" fingerprint inserted instead. and i dont think you have a choice in going or not - even if you would not get your ead this day.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 4:55 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! It's exactly the same wording as the one I was issued at Miami. I appeared for my appointment, and I was fingerprinted (not to be confused with AOS fingerprinting, that's seperate), and I walked out that day with my 1 yr EAD. I'm sure yours will be the same.
Kate. xxxx
Old Jul 16th 2003, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

that would be great if they issue the same day! my fiance, Elizabeth, is extremely eager to start working. She feels very guilty b/c I end up paying for everything. lol.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 5:20 pm

Originally posted by Steve2003
that would be great if they issue the same day! my fiance, Elizabeth, is extremely eager to start working. She feels very guilty b/c I end up paying for everything. lol.
Probably bored out of her mind, too. There's only so many movies a person can watch in one day, so I found out!!!!

I think Orlando's procedures are very similar to Miami's, and I was in and out of Miami in about 45 mins-1 hour with my new card. Wishing you both all the best!
Kate. xxxxxxx
Old Jul 16th 2003, 6:31 pm
todd without nan

toddnan is an unknown quantity at this point

have you looked at shusterman.com. they list the approximate waiting times for aos and ead. orlando ead was 90-100 days. some other places list the wait at 1 day. thats the equity of the immigration service.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 6:31 pm
todd without nan

have you looked at shusterman.com? they list the approximate waiting times for the aos and ead. orlando was 90-100 days. other cities were as little as 1 day. thats the equity of the immigration service.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 6:37 pm

Originally posted by toddnan
have you looked at shusterman.com? they list the approximate waiting times for the aos and ead. orlando was 90-100 days. other cities were as little as 1 day. thats the equity of the immigration service.
Hi!!

Steve's letter already has an appointment time and date. They wouldn't make his lady attend an interview, and then make her wait another 90-100 days. She will get it on the day, I'm almost positive. (BCIS aren't that cruel! What am I saying????!!!! )
Kate. xxxx
Old Jul 16th 2003, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

I called. issued same day!
Old Jul 16th 2003, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a side note, I found the direct # (no wait time) to call the BCIS in Orlando. Nifty. Been using it alot in the past few months. They verified that it is issued same day!
Old Jul 16th 2003, 8:28 pm
todd without nan

glad you dont have to wait. the immigration service isnt that cruel????????????????????????? uhuh