British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Can Anyone Recommend a US Immigration Attorney in California? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/can-anyone-recommend-us-immigration-attorney-california-891096/)

karispirit Feb 4th 2017 12:21 am

Can Anyone Recommend a US Immigration Attorney in California?

We have filed for an L1a visa and USCIS sent us a RFE before Christmas with a deadline of March 2, 2017. It is clear to me now that our immigration attorney is useless and doesn't seem to know much about L1 visas. I need to act fast and find another attorney who can take over and reply to our RFE but they must be very experienced and good and their charges reasonable. Can anyone recommend a good immigration attorney in California? Thanks.

ian-mstm Feb 4th 2017 12:40 am

Re: Can Anyone Recommend a US Immigration Attorney in California?

Originally Posted by karispirit (Post 12170478)
Can anyone recommend a good immigration attorney in California?

Immigration is federal, so the attorney can be located anywhere in the US. Most will do phone consultations at no charge. Since you seem to be in a rush, I recommend J Craig Fong. He is well known by the members here and equally well respected. Oh... his first name is J - that's not an initial.

Ian

Pulaski Feb 4th 2017 12:44 am

We have filed for an L1a visa .....

Are you "we (the employer)" or "we (the L-1 applicant)"? ..... If it's the latter then it's your employer who hires the lawyer.

karispirit Feb 4th 2017 10:23 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 12170482)
Immigration is federal, so the attorney can be located anywhere in the US. Most will do phone consultations at no charge. Since you seem to be in a rush, I recommend J Craig Fong. He is well known by the members here and equally well respected. Oh... his first name is J - that's not an initial.

Ian

Thank you x

morpeth Feb 4th 2017 11:13 am

We have filed for an L1a visa and USCIS sent us a RFE before Christmas with a deadline of March 2, 2017. It is clear to me now that our immigration attorney is useless and doesn't seem to know much about L1 visas. I need to act fast and find another attorney who can take over and reply to our RFE but they must be very experienced and good and their charges reasonable. Can anyone recommend a good immigration attorney in California? Thanks.

I know a good attorney based in Ohio who I consider very good based on work he has done for family members and friends in different states. If you want PM me and I can give his contact info.

Steve_ Feb 10th 2017 12:47 am

Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP – U.S. Immigration Law Firm

I did deal with someone else in San Diego who was very good but the name of the company eludes me at the moment. But it was a company, not joe bloggs immigration lawyer.

S Folinsky Feb 13th 2017 10:33 pm

I join in both recommendations here.

karispirit Mar 1st 2017 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_ (Post 12175860)
Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP – U.S. Immigration Law Firm

I did deal with someone else in San Diego who was very good but the name of the company eludes me at the moment. But it was a company, not joe bloggs immigration lawyer.

Thank you. Was it Higgs Fletcher and Mack?

karispirit Mar 1st 2017 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by S Folinsky (Post 12179074)
I join in both recommendations here.

Thank you.

Steve_ Mar 2nd 2017 8:54 pm

No, I'd have to dig out the I-140, I'll have a look for it.

digbydog Mar 2nd 2017 10:10 pm

J Craig Fong is the way to go. He did my L1A and one year later the green cards all with no issue. Extremely professional. We were living in Spain and then NJ during the process and J would always be available to take my call even out of hours due to time zones.