Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Can Anyone Recommend a US Immigration Attorney in California?

Can Anyone Recommend a US Immigration Attorney in California?

Old Feb 4th 2017, 12:21 am
Just Joined

karispirit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can Anyone Recommend a US Immigration Attorney in California?

We have filed for an L1a visa and USCIS sent us a RFE before Christmas with a deadline of March 2, 2017. It is clear to me now that our immigration attorney is useless and doesn't seem to know much about L1 visas. I need to act fast and find another attorney who can take over and reply to our RFE but they must be very experienced and good and their charges reasonable. Can anyone recommend a good immigration attorney in California? Thanks.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 12:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Anyone Recommend a US Immigration Attorney in California?

Originally Posted by karispirit
Can anyone recommend a good immigration attorney in California?
Immigration is federal, so the attorney can be located anywhere in the US. Most will do phone consultations at no charge. Since you seem to be in a rush, I recommend J Craig Fong. He is well known by the members here and equally well respected. Oh... his first name is J - that's not an initial.

Ian
Old Feb 4th 2017, 12:44 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

We have filed for an L1a visa .....
Are you "we (the employer)" or "we (the L-1 applicant)"? ..... If it's the latter then it's your employer who hires the lawyer.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Immigration is federal, so the attorney can be located anywhere in the US. Most will do phone consultations at no charge. Since you seem to be in a rush, I recommend J Craig Fong. He is well known by the members here and equally well respected. Oh... his first name is J - that's not an initial.

Ian
Thank you x
Old Feb 4th 2017, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

We have filed for an L1a visa and USCIS sent us a RFE before Christmas with a deadline of March 2, 2017. It is clear to me now that our immigration attorney is useless and doesn't seem to know much about L1 visas. I need to act fast and find another attorney who can take over and reply to our RFE but they must be very experienced and good and their charges reasonable. Can anyone recommend a good immigration attorney in California? Thanks.
I know a good attorney based in Ohio who I consider very good based on work he has done for family members and friends in different states. If you want PM me and I can give his contact info.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 12:47 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP – U.S. Immigration Law Firm

I did deal with someone else in San Diego who was very good but the name of the company eludes me at the moment. But it was a company, not joe bloggs immigration lawyer.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:33 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I join in both recommendations here.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Steve_
Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP – U.S. Immigration Law Firm

I did deal with someone else in San Diego who was very good but the name of the company eludes me at the moment. But it was a company, not joe bloggs immigration lawyer.
Thank you. Was it Higgs Fletcher and Mack?

Last edited by karispirit; Mar 1st 2017 at 10:40 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I join in both recommendations here.
Thank you.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 8:54 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

No, I'd have to dig out the I-140, I'll have a look for it.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

digbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to all

J Craig Fong is the way to go. He did my L1A and one year later the green cards all with no issue. Extremely professional. We were living in Spain and then NJ during the process and J would always be available to take my call even out of hours due to time zones.