Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help me, am worrying so much :(

Can anyone help me, am worrying so much :(

Old Aug 9th 2012, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Rinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can anyone help me, am worrying so much :(

I have my b2 visa interview on the 14th aug 2012
I was arrested in 2007 for possession of cannabis, the cannabis was not my, my ex partner hide it in my house, the police came because they thought he lived with me, i was arrested because it was in my house, it went to court but on the day i stood in the dock the judge asked me to leave the dock as my charge was dropped. will this stop me from getting a B2 visa? i got my police certificate it came back with *No Trace* this was the one and only time i have been in trouble with the police, can the visa interviewer look at police files and see that am telling the truth?

Please can someone help me am reading so much info and this is the one place i find you guys helping people.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone help me, am worrying so much :(

The interviewer will only look at whatever police files you bring to the interview. So bring as much evidence as you can. Police report, court record, evidence that the charge was dropped, etc.

How it will affect the visa outcome, I am not sure. But best to go to the interview as prepared as possible.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 9th 2012 at 11:15 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:05 pm
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute

If you have no conviction and no formal admission of guilt, you shouldnt worry.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

i only have my police certificate, i got rid of all the other things about 3/4 years ago on the embassy site only said police certificate.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

I dont know why but am feeling so scared, i even got my minster to fill out my validation for my police certificate, am just hoping that i told the truth, as so many forums just tell you to lie, that this will help me, i have enough stuff to take with me to the interview to show i have strong ties to come home to my children. Feels like am still being punished for something that happened 5yrs ago.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rinc
I dont know why but am feeling so scared, i even got my minster to fill out my validation for my police certificate, am just hoping that i told the truth, as so many forums just tell you to lie, that this will help me, i have enough stuff to take with me to the interview to show i have strong ties to come home to my children. Feels like am still being punished for something that happened 5yrs ago.
Yes, that happens when one develops any sort of criminal history. It tends to follow them around forever.

Try to get copies of the documents you threw away...contact the court, etc. The more evidence you can bring to the table, the better. And in the future, never throw away important paperwork like that.

Rene
Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

They wont be here in time the interview is Tuesday coming and i know i should never of got rid of them, following me around even if the charge was dropped?

Without this, will they delay till i get them the court papers?

Last edited by Rinc; Aug 9th 2012 at 11:21 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:24 pm

... following me around even if the charge was dropped?
It seems so.

Without this, will they delay till i get them the court papers?
If the ConOff wants to see them, yes.

Rene
Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Well i hope i can show them enough on the day, as i stupidly booked my flights without thinking about the arrested, caught up in the moment and i fly out 11days after the interview if they give me a visa.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:28 pm

Well i hope i can show them enough on the day, as i stupidly booked my flights without thinking about the arrested, caught up in the moment and i fly out 11days after the interview if they give me a visa.
If you get approved the day of the interview, you MIGHT just make that flight. It can take a week or so to get your passport back from the consulate via courier.

If the ConOff wants to see further evidence, you'll never make that flight.

Rene
Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

I know. let's just hope he doesnt and he passes me for it and it says 2 days for it to be processed hopefully.
thank you for your help
Old Aug 10th 2012, 5:46 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

So this might not be the truth?

Just wondering why you desperately want to go USA against the odds, but leave your children behind?
Old Aug 10th 2012, 9:16 am
Just Joined

my son dont live at home, and my daughter didnt want to come away with me, and yes it is all true.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

I stupidly booked and paid for my flights as well.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

unic is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck at the interview.
Remember that you have not been convicted of anything and you have a Police certificate which supports this.
My advice, be honest and open at the interview. Be polite and I'll have my fingers crossed that you get your visa. Let us know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.