Calling Cards.......as proof ?

Old Mar 21st 2004, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling Cards.......as proof ?

Just want to know if evidence of communication with USC in terms of phone calls is required and if yes,how will that be proved like me in Nigeria. I have no house phone of my own,but cell phone and I use call cards to refill. So how will that stand?

Nkem can download her phone records online,such is not available here,so can her own copies suffice for both? Though she calls me also on my a house phone in my sister house who lives close by,so she reaches me on two numbers!

Thanks.

Last edited by JJ&ST; Mar 21st 2004 at 5:36 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 5:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling Cards.......as proof ?

Originally posted by JJ&ST
Just want to know if evidence of communication with USC in terms of phone calls is required and if yes,how will that be proved like me in Nigeria. I have no house phone of my own,but cell phone and I use call cards to refill. So how will that stand?

Nkem can download her phone records online,such is not available here,so can her own copies suffice for both? Though she calls me also on my a house phone in my sister house who lives close by,so she reaches me on two numbers!

Thanks.
since calls don't prove anything but that you talked it isn't a biggie in my book.

The onus at this point is that you have met in person during the last two years. Phones calls don't prove that.

Rete

PS Her name is Nkem? When I saw your nick I thought it meant nuke them 4 ever ;-)
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 7:05 pm
Hay228

I have spent several thousands on calling cards, does
that count on your book ?

"Rete" <member167@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by JJ&ST
    > > Just want to know if
    > evidence of communication with USC in terms of phone calls is required
    > and if yes,how will that be proved like me in Nigeria. I have no house
    > phone of my own,but cell phone and I use call cards to refill. So how
    > will that stand?
    > >
    > > Nkem can download her phone records online,such is
    > not available here,so can her own copies suffice for both? Though she
    > calls me also on my a house phone in my sister house who lives close
    > by,so she reaches me on two numbers!
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > since calls
    > don't prove anything but that you talked it isn't a biggie in my book.
    > The onus at this point is that you have met in person during the last
    > two years. Phones calls don't prove that.
    > Rete
    > PS Her name is Nkem?
    > When I saw your nick I thought it meant nuke them 4 ever ;-)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.
Well, it sure won't hurt. I copied all of my calling cards and sent them to sunny. Again focus on the proof that you met. That's the really big issue.. at least for now..
Oseme
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 8:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hay228
I have spent several thousands on calling cards, does
that count on your book ?

Nope. Only means you are rich or a poor foolish one ;-(

Rete
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 8:37 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

My Hubby and I called each other SO much while I was in Spain. I brought my bills to the interview (My hubby used calling cards).. but the consul did not ask for any evidence
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 9:59 pm
Mtravelkay

hay228 wrote:

> I have spent several thousands on calling cards, does
    > that count on your book ?
    >

It counts if you can prove who you called.

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
since calls don't prove anything but that you talked it isn't a biggie in my book.

The onus at this point is that you have met in person during the last two years. Phones calls don't prove that.

Rete

PS Her name is Nkem? When I saw your nick I thought it meant nuke them 4 ever ;-)

Rete
the name "Nkem" means "mine". A term of enderament given me by my fiance shortly after our engagement. though your thought (nuke them 4ever is funny) i thought you might want to know what it really stands for.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:29 am
Hay228

"Nope. Only means you are rich or a poor foolish one ;-("

Well lets look at it step by step:
*"Only means you are rich" -- they will have my income/tax documents
so they will see prove that I am not
*"or a poor foolish one " -- the dollar amount can easily be converted to
time how long we have spent talking. Fools don't have things to talk
about, but people who are interested in each other and about each other
will have many things to discuss.

if we just go according to "met in last two years", then coming up to a girl
on a street and asking her "would you take a picture with me?" will give
one a better chance. This is clearly wrong, is not it?

and as other thread noted, I do have proof: phone bills with single
international
number on them.

"Rete" <member167@british_expats.com> wrote in message
    > Originally posted by Hay228
    > > I have spent several
    > thousands on calling cards, does
    > > that count on your book ?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > Nope. Only means you are rich or a poor foolish
    > one ;-(
    > Rete
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:45 am
Mtravelkay

hay228 wrote:

> *"or a poor foolish one " -- the dollar amount can easily be converted to
    > time how long we have spent talking. Fools don't have things to talk
    > about, but people who are interested in each other and about each other
    > will have many things to discuss.

1. Using the phone for a long time doesn't guarantee it was an
interesting conversation, all it means it there was a phone connection.

2. Unless the phone card can provide documentation of the number called,
there is no evidence you called the pending immigrant.

>
    > if we just go according to "met in last two years", then coming up to a girl
    > on a street and asking her "would you take a picture with me?" will give
    > one a better chance. This is clearly wrong, is not it?

If you met someone one the street and decided to marry within 90 days
adter her arrival on a K-1 visa, then that would have a better shot at a
visa than two people that talked on the phone, but never met.

>
    > and as other thread noted, I do have proof: phone bills with single
    > international
    > number on them.

Well, good for you. But as Rete said, it doesn't prove you have met in
person. Do you have documentation of this?

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:02 am
Hay228

> But as Rete said, it doesn't prove you have met in
    > person. Do you have documentation of this?

I do have other proof (pictures, tickets, etc). but I do believe addition of
such phone records shall make a stronger case.

Off topic:
    > 1. Using the phone for a long time doesn't guarantee it was an
    > interesting conversation, all it means it there was a phone connection.
Yeah, calling up USCIS, one can show a long time recorded on the phone bill,
but all that means is that the person was on hold...

"mtravelkay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > hay228 wrote:
    > > *"or a poor foolish one " -- the dollar amount can easily be converted
to
    > > time how long we have spent talking. Fools don't have things to talk
    > > about, but people who are interested in each other and about each
other
    > > will have many things to discuss.
    > 1. Using the phone for a long time doesn't guarantee it was an
    > interesting conversation, all it means it there was a phone connection.
    > 2. Unless the phone card can provide documentation of the number called,
    > there is no evidence you called the pending immigrant.
    > >
    > > if we just go according to "met in last two years", then coming up to a
girl
    > > on a street and asking her "would you take a picture with me?" will give
    > > one a better chance. This is clearly wrong, is not it?
    > If you met someone one the street and decided to marry within 90 days
    > adter her arrival on a K-1 visa, then that would have a better shot at a
    > visa than two people that talked on the phone, but never met.
    > >
    > > and as other thread noted, I do have proof: phone bills with single
    > > international
    > > number on them.
    > Well, good for you. But as Rete said, it doesn't prove you have met in
    > person. Do you have documentation of this?

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 2:03 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

Agreed, phone calls don't prove that 2 people have met. But the issue of having met is not the issue at this point.

The OP already has an approved petition and an interview date. (S)he's talking about useint the phone cards for proof of relationship at the visa interview?

Regards, JEff

Rete

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Rete,

Agreed, phone calls don't prove that 2 people have met. But the issue of having met is not the issue at this point.

The OP already has an approved petition and an interview date. (S)he's talking about useint the phone cards for proof of relationship at the visa interview?

Regards, JEff

Gezzus Murphy ... all of you know how to go off on tangents. I didn't say ANYWHERE that he/she SAID was going to use the phone calls as proof of meeting. I said it that the onus is to have met in person ... that is what the I-129F is all about ... it is NOT about proving your relationship but proving that you have met the requirement to have met in person.

Phone calls, phone bills, e-mails, love letters, are not a requirement of the I-129F unless they in some manner substantiate that there has been an in-person meeting. For example, an e-mail from a future in-law stating who lovely it was to met you when you visited on January 15. I think my daughter might be making a mistake in marrying you but it is her life to with as she chooses ;-)

Now do you understand.

And for Hay .. do you wish a medal or a tax deduction for having spent thousands on phone bills. Sorry but even at my present salary I would not nor could not afford to spend thousands of dollars to call anyone ... not even my children. There are other means of communication a hell of a lot cheaper than phones plus the fact, in my opinion, love does not mean you have to be in continual contact with that person to substain the relationship. And, yes, when dating long distance my then fiancee, now husband, and I talked at least 3 times a week but the conversations were held to no more than 10 minutes per call. We used email for the bulk of our communications.

Rete
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:59 pm
Jayways

Our consul didnt ask for any further evidence either. However, we did have our
baby with us so that may have sufficed. I actually brought all my phone
records and when the sorter went through our packet, she gave them back.
HOWEVER, it doesnt hurt. To give the records more impact...Bring all her
records and then bring proofs that the numbers she is calling are related to
you. As far as your records, at least you can show records of buying the
calling cards. Again, by its self this proof doesnt mean much, but along with
other proofs, it cant hurt.

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 4:17 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

Yes, I understand. Do you? Read the OP again - where is I-129f mentioned? According to the signature (visible on BE), the OP already has an approved I-129f. And the OP already has a visa interview scheduled. The issue of having met has been settled, it's history.

True, the post itself is not clear, but all things considered it appears that the OP was not inquiring about the requirements for the I-129f, she was inquiring about the requirements for the visa interview.

Talk about going off on tangents...

Regards, JEff

Gezzus Murphy ... all of you know how to go off on tangents. I didn't say ANYWHERE that he/she SAID was going to use the phone calls as proof of meeting. I said it that the onus is to have met in person ... that is what the I-129F is all about ... it is NOT about proving your relationship but proving that you have met the requirement to have met in person.

Phone calls, phone bills, e-mails, love letters, are not a requirement of the I-129F unless they in some manner substantiate that there has been an in-person meeting. For example, an e-mail from a future in-law stating who lovely it was to met you when you visited on January 15. I think my daughter might be making a mistake in marrying you but it is her life to with as she chooses ;-)

Now do you understand.

Rete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.