Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Buffalo INS? ADIT? Copies or originals? checklist for AOS, Form 9003???

Buffalo INS? ADIT? Copies or originals? checklist for AOS, Form 9003???

Old Feb 11th 2002, 11:51 pm
Tenzyy

HI all, I am filing for AOS from tourist visa based on marriage to USC.
1. I am confused about how many copies of G325A (spouse and USC) are needed to file
along with the pictures. It says to send 2 photos for I765 and then 2 for I130 and
2 for I485. So, do they really need 6 pictures of the non-USC????/
2. What is a Form I9003? I cant find any info on this. Please help
3. Is it true that I dont have to fill out my medical exam sheet for right now as I
am filing my AOS at Buffalo, NY (walk in).
4. On the I 181 ADIT Data Collection sheet, what is a "FILE NUMBER" on the first line
and what does "ADMISSION NUMBER" mean on the last line of the sheet?
5. Lastly, I hear conflicting reports on the submission of the naturalization copy
for I485 of my USC spouse and our marriage certificate for I130? Will copies of
both do or the originals are needed.
6. Finally, if someone has been to the Buffalo office to file their AOS, will they be
kind enough to give me a checklist or share their experience there?

Thanks in advance T

Old Feb 12th 2002, 12:40 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Tenzy wrote:

HI all, I am filing for AOS from tourist visa based on marriage to USC.
1. I am confused about how many copies of G325A (spouse and USC) are needed to file along with the pictures. It says to send 2 photos for I765 and then 2 for I130 and 2 for I485. So, do they really need 6 pictures of the non-USC????/
**********Answer:

NO they need them of the foreign spouse for the G-325A, the I-765 and the I-485. Only need them of the USC spouse for the G-325A.

2. What is a Form I9003? I cant find any info on this. Please help

*************Answer:
It is a reporting sheet for the IRS. You can download it from Alvena's site or since it has been reported that it is not a requirement in most INS offices any longer, call Buffalo and find out directly. If you can't get through to Buffalo, call the 1-800 number. Yes I am saying to call them and ask them and if required have them send it to you.

3. Is it true that I dont have to fill out my medical exam sheet for right now as I
am filing my AOS at Buffalo, NY (walk in).
**********Answer
Wrong

Buffalo is a fast INS office and you will have your interview in 6 to 8 months. Bring the medical results with you.

4. On the I 181 ADIT Data Collection sheet, what is a "FILE NUMBER" on the first line
and what does "ADMISSION NUMBER" mean on the last line of the sheet?

****************Answer
No Answer as I never heard of these sheets before ... sorry

5. Lastly, I hear conflicting reports on the submission of the naturalization copy for I485 of my USC spouse and our marriage certificate for I130? Will copies of both do or the originals are needed.
**************Answer
Copies are find. Since you are doing a walk-in, bring the originals and if they want it they can take it and you can keep the copy. But a copy for them should be find.

A question for you: If you spouse is a naturalized USC, why the heck doesn't she have a US Passport? If she had one, she could use that instead.

6. Finally, if someone has been to the Buffalo office to file their AOS, will they be kind enough to give me a checklist or share their experience there?
***********Answer

Several people have been through Buffalo. Read about it at:

AOS filing; AOS, I-130 and K-1 Interview Experiences:
http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html

Go to the top of that page, click I-130 or I-485 interviews and go to Buffalo New York.

Thanks in advance T

You're welcome
Rete