Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

BritishExpats responds to my complaint---yea!!

BritishExpats responds to my complaint---yea!!

Old Oct 16th 2003, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Jon1905 will become famous soon enough

I'm sorry, but wherever you go, you get Complete Morons.. this Troll who impersonates people, is one of them..

Sure, stop them if you can, but mostly just ignore them..

Don't worry about the BCIS reading this board.. Even if they do (Well they have to do something with their time, it obviously isn't all spend working hard to catch up with their backlog =P).. then they will at least have the common sense to not take anything posted by someone who obviously does not know you, into consideration regarding your character..

If *I* were a BCIS agent reading this, I'd now be wondering why you were making such a big deal out of it.. An extremely large reaction can often be taken as indicitive of having something to hide..

~ Jon

PS.. I am not casting ANY aspursions, just letting you know how it *could* look..
Old Oct 16th 2003, 2:45 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BritishExpats responds to my complaint---yea!!

Originally posted by bob austin
I am only a casual reader of this forum, but I just feel compelled to throw in my two cents on this one.
You are only making the problem worse with this kind of response. You are daring and begging this "troll" to go after you, and as a result the forum suffers. Fortunately, most of the members here understand that, but some still choose to be lightning rods for this person, because they enjoy it as much at he/she does.
You also give this person way too much power dont you think? You give them the power to "smear your good name" I think that you give the "troll" far too much credit.
I also wonder, since you have become "psychotic" in your response, that maybe this person hit a nerve and there is some truth to what has been said to you, that causes you to flare up so illogically.
I also will just give you some useful information in your quest to "take the bull by the horns" I am a computer hobbyist of a small sorts, and that isp that you have posted on here as belonging to this "troll" routes to a proxy server. What that means in english is he/she is an untraceable electronic blip on your screen. It also indicates a tiny bit of sophistication on his/her part-- in english, this person doesnt want you to know who they are, and it most likely will remain that way unless they choose to let you know on their own.
So in conclusion, maybe you should get over yourself, since you are so "important" and follow the advise of Rete who has far more experience than you do in matters pertaining to this forum.
If you will ignore the "troll", they will go away.......
Very well said, thank you. Let's see if people just learn to ignore those posts.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 11:36 am
Andy Platt

"Rete" <member@british_expats.com> wrote :

> Since you are a Usenet poster, I ask in the future that you either
    > killfile the names that you don't wish to see posts from if you are
    > using your newserver or just don't read them at all.

As I mentioned before killfiling doesn't work well when you can just post as
"member@british_expats.com" as both DCMarck and you do. Killing him would
kill you. (At least on Outlook Express where it's the email address you
killfile; I posted a better rule to get rid of him).

Personally I think that if expats are going to post through to usenet they
should create specific email addresses for each user.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Oct 16th 2003, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Andy

This email address "member@...." only shows because some of us will not give our e-mail addresses out for public use. I'm had enough bad experience with spammers and in the past many requests from advice seekers, etc. that I don't use my personal e-mail address.

In this way, the only way to contact me is through expats' private message function and if someone writes me for advise, I politely refer them to the forum and an attorney.

Rete

Originally posted by Andy Platt
"Rete" <member@british_expats.com> wrote :

> Since you are a Usenet poster, I ask in the future that you either
    > killfile the names that you don't wish to see posts from if you are
    > using your newserver or just don't read them at all.

As I mentioned before killfiling doesn't work well when you can just post as
"member@british_expats.com" as both DCMarck and you do. Killing him would
kill you. (At least on Outlook Express where it's the email address you
killfile; I posted a better rule to get rid of him).

Personally I think that if expats are going to post through to usenet they
should create specific email addresses for each user.

Andy.

--
Old Oct 16th 2003, 1:33 pm
Andy Platt

I understand that. What I'm saying is that the expats forum shouldn't post
to newsgroups using a single email address. I'm not saying you should use
yours, I'm saying that they should create a unique one for each member. That
way it could be blocked. They could do what they like with any incoming
email.

Andy.

--

"Rete" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Andy
    > This email address "member@...." only shows because some of us will not
    > give our e-mail addresses out for public use. I'm had enough bad
    > experience with spammers and in the past many requests from advice
    > seekers, etc. that I don't use my personal e-mail address.
    > In this way, the only way to contact me is through expats' private
    > message function and if someone writes me for advise, I politely refer
    > them to the forum and an attorney.
    > Rete
    > Originally posted by Andy Platt
    > > "Rete" <member@british_expats.com> wrote :
    > >
    > > > Since you are a Usenet poster, I ask in the future that you
    > > either
    > > > killfile the names that you don't wish to see posts from if you
    > > are
    > > > using your newserver or just don't read them at all.
    > >
    > > As I mentioned before killfiling doesn't work well when you can
    > > just post as
    > > "member@british_expats.com" as both DCMarck and you do. Killing
    > > him would
    > > kill you. (At least on Outlook Express where it's the email
    > > address you
    > > killfile; I posted a better rule to get rid of him).
    > >
    > > Personally I think that if expats are going to post through to
    > > usenet they
    > > should create specific email addresses for each user.
    > >
    > > Andy.
    > >
    > > --
    > I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 16th 2003, 2:07 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Maryanne Kehoe
Rete, will all due respect, I see your point. But the post from DC Marck
came from BritishExpats. I pulled the full headers.

How do *we* know that some people from BCIS *don't* read this board? We
don't. So accusing someone of having AIDS and being a hooker is serious
business. *I* take it seriously. You should too.

It's easy to say killfile the person. Unfortunately, we don't have that
option with my ISP. IGNORNING THE PROBLEM WILL NOT MAKE IT GO AWAY.
Sometimes it is better to take "the bull by the horns" and step up to
the plate and take charge----when someone else won't.

That really ticks me off when someone suggestes to "just ignore
it"----NOT when someone is smearing my good reputation I won't!!!

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maryanne,

With all due respect. The troll was not even talking to you or about you. The insult was directed at someone else, and I explained that immediately to you yesterday in another thread. It just got mixed up in your post because of the way things "appear" on usenet. The person it was actually aimed at, just laughed it off as stupid drivel.

With that said, I'm glad you got him banned.

Leslie
Old Oct 16th 2003, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

How to you get the two pictures to blink off and on showing both of you...
HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKK
Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:00 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DCMark
HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKK

How do you know? What did I miss? I was in a meeting. I'm going to have to quit my job to keep up with this troll!!!
Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Originally posted by Leslie66
How do you know? What did I miss? I was in a meeting. I'm going to have to quit my job to keep up with this troll!!!
I could be wrong (horror Mr. Mars!) but never trust anyone with 2 posts!
Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

How to you get the two pictures to blink off and on showing both of you...

Look at his timeline.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:09 pm
WTF?

Originally posted by DCMark
I could be wrong (horror Mr. Mars!) but never trust anyone with 2 posts!

OK. I get it. I just scanned over that post this morning. The timeline shsows he is obviously not very serious. Same style. Normally when someone is new their first posts are much more timid than that, testing the waters so to speak. OK. I concur.

He's been "outed" in my book. Add him to the tRoll Call.

Leslie
Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:15 pm
WTF?

thanks for answering my question

does anyone know how to put the two pictures up?

You do it through the Avatar, but I had to download some software to make the pictures flash. So There!!
Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:19 pm
WTF?

I got one picture up, but I dont know how to put up the second one.

You have to down load some soft ware. Stop being a shit.

Leslie
Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:42 pm
WTF?

I have some questions regarding immigration, but my nerves are not good enough to be subject to racism and abuse.

goodbye and have a nice day

you need to check yourself
Where's the racism Dave/john henry/ bill?

You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

I'm through responding to you.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by seattle_coffee
nice job people, you just managed to run off a genuine newbie in my opinion, and you got it done in one day. You should be proud.
Like you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.