Boston ASC

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:52 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Boston ASC

I've had a spot of bother lately, well 6 months of it but that's not important right now!

Anyway I no longer have wheels and am out in sticksville on Cape Ann. I had my third (long story) bios appointment for Rhode Island this Saturday but being transportless can't get to it.

I was thinking of trying to do a walk in at Boston ASC as I can get the train in there with relative ease. Has anyone else tried a walk in, or can anyone tell me what they think my chances are? I was going to try the grovelling like hell approach and just hope for the best.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Boston ASC

Originally Posted by sibsie
I've had a spot of bother lately, well 6 months of it but that's not important right now!

Anyway I no longer have wheels and am out in sticksville on Cape Ann. I had my third (long story) bios appointment for Rhode Island this Saturday but being transportless can't get to it.

I was thinking of trying to do a walk in at Boston ASC as I can get the train in there with relative ease. Has anyone else tried a walk in, or can anyone tell me what they think my chances are? I was going to try the grovelling like hell approach and just hope for the best.
Hey there Sibsie,

What time is your appointment on Saturday in RI? Also there was someone who put in a thread about trying to go into Boston for their Bios without an appointment and just walk in. I'm sorry but I can't remember her name or the thread title. I wonder if she managed it.

Gisela
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:59 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whistlestop01
Hey there Sibsie,

What time is your appointment on Saturday in RI?
My appointment is at 9.30am. I just don't see how I can get to it from out here.

Was Boston ASC really that busy when you went in? Trains from here only run every 2.5 hours and I've got a five mile hike to the train station so I wanted to know if I should go for it.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

My appointment is at 9.30am. I just don't see how I can get to it from out here.

Was Boston ASC really that busy when you went in? Trains from here only run every 2.5 hours and I've got a five mile hike to the train station so I wanted to know if I should go for it.
Why don't you get in contact by PM with MMA2002. She is the girl I mentioned about who might have just walked in. When I went it was not very busy but you might have to wait an hour. I managed to find her thread but it is not really informative.

Let me know how things go. You think you will go in tomorrow?

Love Gisela xx
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:07 pm
C.G.D.S

You think you will go in tomorrow?
Cheers Gisella. I think I'll try for today just in case they tell me to come back tommorrow or something. You never know, my luck might finally change!
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that you are carless ;-( I know you had done a survey a while back about which type of vehicle to purchase.

Is there no place that you can rent a vehicle? Enterprise will deliver to your home so that will save the hassle of a trip to them. What about your husband? Can't you drive him to work (assuming that is where he is going to be because you are without a car) and go to Rhode Island and then be back in time to pick him up?

I would hate for you to miss the third appointment and I'm sure your husband knows the importance of the processing and that continually cancelling a major portion of the process can be detrimental to your petition. You are using the Boston USCIS and you might well have been placed on the list for an interview within the next month of so since they are working at six months from date of filing.

Wishing you luck.

Rete
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
Sorry to hear that you are carless ;-( I know you had done a survey a while back about which type of vehicle to purchase.

Is there no place that you can rent a vehicle? Enterprise will deliver to your home so that will save the hassle of a trip to them. What about your husband? Can't you drive him to work (assuming that is where he is going to be because you are without a car) and go to Rhode Island and then be back in time to pick him up?

I would hate for you to miss the third appointment and I'm sure your husband knows the importance of the processing and that continually cancelling a major portion of the process can be detrimental to your petition. You are using the Boston USCIS and you might well have been placed on the list for an interview within the next month of so since they are working at six months from date of filing.

Wishing you luck.

Rete
Unfortunately that is not possible. It's a long story but for one thing her husband is out of town. The only way for her is to go into Boston.

Let me know how it went on today Sibsie.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:14 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally Posted by Rete
Mr Sibsie is away flying and won't be back til Sunday. Sunday I have my parents coming in and dad's going to rent a car at the airport so at least I'll be mobile again for the week they're over. I don't have a Major CC in my name and the husband isn't exactly being overly helpful right now!
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

silanone will become famous soon enoughsilanone will become famous soon enough

Sibsie,

I managed a walk-in at the Boston ASC last week. I have read about a couple of other people who did it (in another forum - visajourney.com), so I don't think you should have any trouble. Keep in mind that there's a 1-2 hour wait, even if you already have an appointment. The office is right near North Station, if that's where you're taking the train in.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Sibsie,

I got a job interview this morning in North Quincy. It's a temping job for 1-2 months possibly starting on Tuesday. OMG no more sleep in's lol
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:21 pm
C.G.D.S

Thanks Silanone. Nothing ventured and all that!

Good luck Gisella and let me know how you get on.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Did you manage to get your fingerprints taken Sibsie??
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 3:08 am
C.G.D.S

Did you manage to get your fingerprints taken Sibsie??
Actually I did. I think I timed it about right as I got there at 1pm where the normal person was on lunch break. I saw the normal security person as I was leaving and I don't think she'd have been as helpful!

I was in an out in an hour. They were really really nice and remembered my name and wished me luck on my way out. They didn't even seem to mind when I dragged the line divider thing over and knocked over two chairs as I was leaving!
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Actually I did. I think I timed it about right as I got there at 1pm where the normal person was on lunch break. I saw the normal security person as I was leaving and I don't think she'd have been as helpful!

I was in an out in an hour. They were really really nice and remembered my name and wished me luck on my way out. They didn't even seem to mind when I dragged the line divider thing over and knocked over two chairs as I was leaving!
Thank God for that Sibsie. Now you can rest easy till the AOS interview comes.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough

Sibsie,
I'm so glad you got everything taken care of! I hope the car situation gets taken care of soon. Have a great visit with your parents!