Blanket L1A Visa

Old Jan 13th 2016, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Alexdm50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blanket L1A Visa

Hi all,

I have found out today my company has started processing my visa. I currently manage a team of 25 here in the UK and will be moving to the USA to manage a team of 20 sales account managers.

Regarding the blanket L1A process can anyone give me any idea what to expect from this point. I'm not sure if I need to do much in regards to forms due to this being blanket. I've heard horror stories that a number of blanket appeals get rejected at interview stage.

Finally I've read that I need working references from past experience? How much past experience is this typically? I have been with my current company 2 and a half years and my past experience is not particularly relevant nor will it be easy for me to get a management reference as I no longer no anyone at these companies? Can peers complete this for me?

Thanks!
Old Jan 13th 2016, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blanket L1A Visa

Originally Posted by Alexdm50
I'm not sure if I need to do much in regards to forms due to this being blanket.
What does the company's attorney have to say?

I've heard horror stories that a number of blanket appeals get rejected at interview stage.
That's true - some do... but the vast majority don't.

I've read that I need working references from past experience?
Where on earth did you read that? Consider the source!

Ian
Old Jan 13th 2016, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the response Ian, the source I got the information from was L1 Visa Documents - Documents for L1 Visa Stamping USA

The text advises:
'Work experience letters from your previous employers that indicate your employment history, experience and specific work skills'.

Thanks!!
Old Jan 13th 2016, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the response Ian, the source I got the information from was...
Yes - like I said, consider the source! You read the one-line disclaimer at the bottom of that web page, right?

Ian
Old Jan 13th 2016, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

I didn't! school boy error thanks for pointing that out ian!
Old Jan 13th 2016, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

LonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura about

I've heard horror stories that a number of blanket appeals get rejected at interview stage.
As Ian has already pointed out, stop reading Asian based forums! Statistically (from the same forums, so not exactly credible) a larger proportion do get rejected at interview, mostly because the interviewee has no idea why they are actually there and the company has just applied for them. Assuming you actually know what you do and the company you work for, it should be a non event.

Finally I've read that I need working references
Slowly step away from the screen....

PS. I read the same ones when researching my current application, you're not alone
Old Jan 13th 2016, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

haha thanks lonely lesson definitely learned!

Hope your application is going well!
Old Jan 13th 2016, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

fozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond repute

The interview for my (Blanket) L1-B consisted of being asked to confirm the name of the company I worked for, how long had I worked there, what my job title was, and where I would be working. Total about 45 seconds. OK - Approved.

Everyone else I have known has had the same experience. (I work in a large US multinational so there are lots of comings and goings across the atlantic).

Really if it's a genuine application then everything has been decided long before that stage- the interview is just a final rubber stamp to make sure you are real.

The people who have problems are the ones whose applications have stretched the truth to the point its transparent.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

When I applied for my initial L1A under the company blanket visa, I was sent a whole bunch of paperwork from the Immigration firm to support my interview/application including an 86 page double side excel spreadsheet printout with the name and address of every one of the company offices worldwide, with a post-it flag on 1 page showing the company office I worked at the time and another flag on the relevant page showing the office I was transferring to. The Consular Officer glanced at the huge list and gave it back to me, when I asked why she did that, she said "we know the company you are working for is a huge US Multinational and therefore we know its not a 1 bedroom office that's sending you to work in their US office in a basement in New York City. Some applications are just so bogus and its our job to sort the wheat from the chaff" If you work for a company big enough to have a blanket application in then they also employ one of the large US Immigration firms, they know exactly what is necessary in terms of paperwork to get your visa issued successfully