Biometrics for I-485 and I-765

Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:52 pm
Banned

Arpita is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biometrics for I-485 and I-765

Can someone tell me if one has filed AOS with form I-765 (for work permit) then the s/he be going for the biometrics once for both applications (AOS and work permit) at one time or separately for each application on two different ocassions? Also, once EAD is approved, will USCIS send it in the mail, or one must be going to local office for something in connect with it or even picking it up?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics for I-485 and I-765

Originally Posted by Arpita
Can someone tell me if one has filed AOS with form I-765 (for work permit) then the s/he be going for the biometrics once for both applications (AOS and work permit) at one time or separately for each application on two different ocassions? Also, once EAD is approved, will USCIS send it in the mail, or one must be going to local office for something in connect with it or even picking it up?
You will probably get two separate appointment biometrics appointment letters, one for AOS and one for EAD. However, you can take them both into the earlier appointment time, and get them both done at the same time.

The EAD comes in the mail.

Rene
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:17 pm
Banned

Thank you sweetie.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you sweetie.
i got one.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Deedee13
i got one.
Good.... lucky you, Devil...
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:25 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. You go to one biometrics appointment that covers both. They only asked to see my husbands appointment letter and not his 1765 and I485 letters for biometrics but he brought them anyway. We got te AP papers for his I765 about a month lter and the EAD card about a week or two after that.

Last edited by penguinbar; Apr 21st 2009 at 1:26 am. Reason: Sorry I131 is Advanvced parole.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Bradford is an unknown quantity at this point

I got One appointment for mine
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Take a look at the bar codes in the bottom third of the document -- each bar code [if more than one] will also note what form[s] the appointment will be for.

Current practice is to set ONE appointment for both the I-765 and I-485. Of course, I haven't seen one of these since last Monday.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

last monday ..hmm who knows. You do have a dry sense of humour!)!)!!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

I got my biometrics appointment letter today...it says its for the 485 and the 765... I only submitted the forms about 12 days ago.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:01 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husband got his biometrics appointment less than two weeks after Aos was filed. It was for a month later.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:45 am
Banned

Thank you everyone. You guys rock. It seems USCIS now schedules biometrics together for both applications- I-485 and I-765. Has anyone recently heard otherwise??

I've seen at least 75 cases, on all kinds of immigration sites, wherein EVERYONE got the biometrics appointment letter within 3-4 days later of receiving the NOAs for their applications and within 2 weeks of filing paperwork, but in the case of my friend, she did get the NOAs but hasn't gotten any appointment letter for biometrics even though NOAs she received more than a week ago. Should she start worrying, or making calls to USCIS to find out what's going on give ALL THE CASES I CAME ACROSS to received biometrics notice within 3-4 days later of receipt of NOAs?
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you everyone. You guys rock. It seems USCIS now schedules biometrics together for both applications- I-485 and I-765. Has anyone recently heard otherwise??

I've seen at least 75 cases, on all kinds of immigration sites, wherein EVERYONE got the biometrics appointment letter within 3-4 days later of receiving the NOAs for their applications and within 2 weeks of filing paperwork, but in the case of my friend, she did get the NOAs but hasn't gotten any appointment letter for biometrics even though NOAs she received more than a week ago. Should she start worrying, or making calls to USCIS to find out what's going on give ALL THE CASES I CAME ACROSS to received biometrics notice within 3-4 days later of receipt of NOAs?
your worrying too much!!

The biometrics appt will come soon enough. Just dont miss it.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Thank you everyone. You guys rock. It seems USCIS now schedules biometrics together for both applications- I-485 and I-765. Has anyone recently heard otherwise???
Our package was received Jan 14, checks got cashed Jan 21, we received the NOAs Jan 24, received the biometrics appointment notice Jan 21 with a date for Feb 10.
Received date for interview (for Apr 17) on Mar 9, EAD card production was ordered Mar 25, received card Apr 6.
Had the AOS interview Apr 17.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On April 24, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Kar98
Our package was received Jan 14, checks got cashed Jan 21, we received the NOAs Jan 24, received the biometrics appointment notice Jan 21 with a date for Feb 10.
Received date for interview (for Apr 17) on Mar 9, EAD card production was ordered Mar 25, received card Apr 6.
Had the AOS interview Apr 17.
As per your timeline given by you, it seems you received notice for biometics a way before you received NOAs since you mentioned receiving biometics notice on Jan 21 while NOAs on Jan24th...Wow!!! I've NEVER heard or seen this. I guess, both those letters got crossed in the mail. Which one is your district office?

My friend mailed AOS for husband on April 10, USCIS received the application on April 12. She received NOAs on 20th of April, and today on April 25th her husband received notice for biometics for his both applications I-485 and I-765 on one notice. Things are going smooth so far, but I know they have a bumpy road ahead of them and are expecting RFE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.