A big O1 visa thank you

Old Jul 14th 2014, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

londonj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A big O1 visa thank you

I have read this forum religiously (several times a day) since January. Your comments have supported me so much during my O1 visa application and I can't thank you all enough for this support.

Today my I129 application was approved. I understand it is not the end of my O1 visa journey but it feels like the biggest hurdle has been jumped.

I now have my interview ahead. Does anyone has experience of an O1 visa interview? I am feeling pretty scared.

NYC I am coming for you!

J
Old Jul 14th 2014, 10:25 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A big O1 visa thank you

My husband (and the rest of the family) went to the embassy for the interview at the end of May and it was very smooth and uneventful. DH was asked about his new role and why he was so special. The interviewing Con Off appeared to be expecting certain relevant buzzwords and answers, and after a few minutes approved the O-1 and hence the O-3 visas.

Good luck with your interview and let us know how it goes.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

londonj is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks lizzyq. Did you husband say certain buzzwords? I have read on here that people's interviews were't eventful but I still worry.

I will definitely let everyone know how it goes. Very excited to move to the US.

J
Old Jul 17th 2014, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Catmo is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband had his O1 interview at Belfast last march. The security, paperwork and fingerprinting parts took much longer than the actual interview, which only took about 5 min.

They asked him what his new job title would be, when he was to start his job, what his company was called and what they did, when he finished his PhD and what that was about, and when we got married. None of the questions appeared to be trick questions, and we were done v quickly.

We were told to take the entire visa petition with us as they may want to see it. They didn't, but I assume it's probably a good idea to take it anyway.