Betrayal and need advise

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

camelion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Betrayal and need advise

Can anyone help me here

My husband and I have been married for 5 months and have already submitted all the paperwork for AOS and recieved receipt in the mail.

I am due to get my EAD in October some time. Anyway my question to this forum is this. My husband told me that he had developed cancer in his colon and was leaving home early each day to have treatments. The thing is he never once got sick from having this ( chemo ) and I wondered and was made ffel b ad when I wasn't there to jump each time he said to. Long story short I found out that he lied to me about having cancer and that to me is a betrayal of our trust. I have since seperated from him and was wondering if there was anyway I could do my AOS without him.

I love my husband very much don't get me wrong but he has hurt and betrayed me by his actions and he didn't think I would find out.

What are my options please if anyone can offer any advise that would be great.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point

Your husband would need to be present during the AOS interview to get your conditional green card.

On the front of the betrayal, have you found out why it is that he was lying about the cancer, if that is the case, and leaving home? You don't need to disclose this to us, but you should find out for your own sake. As you are in the early stages of your marriage, it might well be worth it to talk this through, also seek the advice and help of a marriage counseler to help you both through this.

Good luck!