Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Belfast NIV appointments availability?

Belfast NIV appointments availability?

Old Jul 1st 2018, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

jamie99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Belfast NIV appointments availability?

Hello
anyone have any indication of the availability & waiting time for booking an appointment for a B2?

Also any disadvantages to going to Belfast over London? It looks like worth the journey unless I'm missing something?

Many thanks!
Old Jul 1st 2018, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Belfast NIV appointments availability?

Just found the wait times... 16days sounds good.

Just wondering about benefits/otherwise of Belfast. Not much in it for travel times.

Oh yes also: read somewhere I'd need a 9am appointment as i was arrested (no charge, got police certificate)? Or have I imagined that?
Old Jul 1st 2018, 5:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Can't see why a 9 am appointment is a requirement if you have a criminal history, which you do have. I would certainly bring an ACRO with me and any paperwork you have regarding the arrest.

But then you have been through all this before as per your original post in BE in 2013. Arrest but not charged: chances of a B2 visa?

P.S. You never came back to give us the results of your last B2 interview at the London Embassy in December 2013

Last edited by Rete; Jul 1st 2018 at 5:11 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2018, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
P.S. You never came back to give us the results of your last B2 interview at the London Embassy in December 2013
I thought I'd posted an update, my apologies! I was very grateful for all the advice. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful on grounds of inadequate ties (or words to that effect) which was fair enough.

I'm now in a good steady fulltime job with the NHS as a professional fo the last couple of years, and with a second income also with the NHS, so I'm hoping that'll help. We're still renting but been in the same housing association home for 25+ years.
Old Jul 1st 2018, 5:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Employment that you have been at for a long period of time is going to count for much. Also take an itinerary with you and hotel reservations. Perhaps a letter stating when your holiday time will start and when you are expected back to work.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Belfast NIV appointments availability? In a flap!

I'm in a flap and could use a word of advice!

I've completed DS160 and VCU1, and scheduled an appointment for August. And noticed it says on the confirmation "B2 tourism/medical treatment" ... I was trying to select a tourist visa only. Have I screwed up? I tried phoning the visa line but the couldn't help me, I'm worried I might waste my appointment.

Last edited by jamie99; Jul 3rd 2018 at 3:36 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2018, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

britanya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamie99
Just found the wait times... 16days sounds good.

Just wondering about benefits/otherwise of Belfast. Not much in it for travel times.

Oh yes also: read somewhere I'd need a 9am appointment as i was arrested (no charge, got police certificate)? Or have I imagined that?

Hi Jamie, where did you find the 16 day wait time? This is the website i know of to check wait times: https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ait-times.html

It says 15 days for london, 23 days for belfast under the 'all other visas' category. is there another place i can check?
Old Jul 30th 2018, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Must be a popular consulate. It was 16 days at time of first checking.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britanya
Hi Jamie, where did you find the 16 day wait time? This is the website i know of to check wait times: https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ait-times.html

It says 15 days for london, 23 days for belfast under the 'all other visas' category. is there another place i can check?
those wait times are completely inaccurate and totally different to what shows up on the calendar when you book.
Old Aug 1st 2018, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

britanya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
those wait times are completely inaccurate and totally different to what shows up on the calendar when you book.
hey karen, how can i check these dates? what website are you using to check? i'm not in need of booking an interview yet but wanted to already start checking available appointment times at embassy locations. although my visa application hasn't even been sent off yet so i wouldn't have any details of it to fill in anywhere if the website you're looking at requires that before giving out times