Before getting 10-year GC

Old Jul 19th 2003, 10:57 pm
Computer Nerd

apache is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Before getting 10-year GC

Just curious, if a conditional GC holder has got I-751 approved (filed jointly) but not yet received 10-year GC, can US spouse do anything to harm the PR status?
Old Jul 19th 2003, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Before getting 10-year GC

Originally posted by apache
Just curious, if a conditional GC holder has got I-751 approved (filed jointly) but not yet received 10-year GC, can US spouse do anything to harm the PR status?
Hi:

Yes.
Old Jul 19th 2003, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

cris1122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default no

NO!
Old Jul 20th 2003, 12:30 am
Vampier

> Hi:
    > Yes.
lol

Old Jul 20th 2003, 12:50 am
Computer Nerd

Hi Folinskyinla,

Do you mean US spouse can cause trouble anytime regardless the alien has 10-year GC or not, or just during this certian period?

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Yes.

Last edited by apache; Jul 20th 2003 at 6:48 am.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folinskyinla,

Do you mean US spouse can cause trouble anytime regardless the alien has 10-year GC or not, or just during this certian period?
Hi:

Your question is way too general and what do you mean by "harm?" If you meant that problems can arise with DHS, then it can happen. Can those problems be solved? -- it depends.
Old Jul 24th 2003, 1:17 am
Computer Nerd

Hi Folinskyinla,

What I meant by harm is when there is a problem, like different addresses were not disclosed in I-751 at the time of filing while living separated (not legal separation, just one party moved out),
also submitted a letter from others stated "happily married" which wasn't quite true at the time since the couple were separated.

The marriage is based on good faith, the couple married for more than 3 years and lived together till before I-751 filed(jointly). The main reason the marriage broke down is drug problem and domestic voilance of the US spouse (evidence available). Now the alien is being threatened by US spouse for money, upon the alien's refusing, the US spouse made clear that he would file complian to BCIS for marriage fraud.

Can problem be solved in this situation?

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Your question is way too general and what do you mean by "harm?" If you meant that problems can arise with DHS, then it can happen. Can those problems be solved? -- it depends.
Old Jul 24th 2003, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Hi Folinskyinla,

As far as I recsall, a spouse of any nationality can and indeed will cause trouble at anytime she sees fit. ( OK for the feminists out there he or she)

Jovially Yours