Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

A basic question on which is I-94 number

A basic question on which is I-94 number

Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:35 am
Melroy

Default A basic question on which is I-94 number

Hi
I have a basic question which is the correct I -94 number.
I am on a F-1 visa with Sevis I-20. I am filling out I-539 form
and it asks for I-94 number.
On my I-94 departure record form there are 2 numbers. The first is
pre-printed
and below that was blank space in which I was asked to write the Sevis
I-20
number by hand.
So my question is that which is the correct I-94 number? Is it the
typed preprinted one or is it the number I filled by hand from my
sevis I-20
Thanks a lot
Melroy

Old Jun 25th 2004, 1:32 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A basic question on which is I-94 number

Originally posted by Melroy
Hi
I have a basic question which is the correct I -94 number.
I am on a F-1 visa with Sevis I-20. I am filling out I-539 form
and it asks for I-94 number.
On my I-94 departure record form there are 2 numbers. The first is
pre-printed
and below that was blank space in which I was asked to write the Sevis
I-20
number by hand.
So my question is that which is the correct I-94 number? Is it the
typed preprinted one or is it the number I filled by hand from my
sevis I-20
Thanks a lot
Melroy
It's the typed number on the upper left corner of the card. It's not the SEVIS number that begins with an "N".
Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by crg14624
It's the typed number on the upper left corner of the card. It's not the SEVIS number that begins with an "N".

before SEVIS students were using the number from their first I-94 (when they entered for the first time as F-1) on all of the I-94s on their future entrances to the U.S.

I had to handwrite the number on all of my I-94 forms, and the last time I entered was three years ago, before SEVIS, so my I-94 number is the handwritten one.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 9:58 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by LucyMO
before SEVIS students were using the number from their first I-94 (when they entered for the first time as F-1) on all of the I-94s on their future entrances to the U.S.

I had to handwrite the number on all of my I-94 forms, and the last time I entered was three years ago, before SEVIS, so my I-94 number is the handwritten one.
Yes, a student used to keep the same admission number throughout their entire academic career in the US. That stopped when SEVIS started. Now they're supposed to write the SEVIS number on the I-94 but it's supposed to go on the back. A FIN number may go on the front though.