Barbara - The WHOLE Story

Old May 1st 2001, 4:39 pm
LdyRvnHrt

OK, for all of you who have been so good as to offer advice, perhaps it would be
easier if you knew the WHOLE story... so here goes.

Sean and I met online 9 months ago. The bond was immediate and we became very close
very fast. Shortly after the first week of September Sean decided to make a trip here
for my birthday in Feb. Just a 10 day visit is all that was planned. Well as the
months crept onward we grew closer and closer, and it was obvious to us both that we
were very much in love and had to be together.

Please understand, and this is important... Sean and I are both married to other
people but essentially both marriages were over already except for the paperwork
making them OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY over.

When Sean got here in Feb we knew there was no going back as far as our relationship
went. We could only go forward from this point. He decided to stay with me until his
I-94 expired, and we would work the rest out as we went along.

His divorce is already in the works, and the last batch of paperwork for mine is
being filed today so in about 6 weeks mine should be final (THANK GOD). Sean's I-94
is up in the middle of May, and he has to leave the US before then. He has 2 sons in
England whom he misses desperately, and aside from having to leave because of the
I-94, he is DYING to see them. His sons are his tie to England, and his whole family
is there.. so there should be no suspicion of his intent to stay here really.

Now I am going with him to see them, and then we are returning together to NY. I am
not thinking that the return will be a problem, as Seans trip here in Feb was his
very first into the US ever. Me, Im a citizen, so no problem there.

What we are hoping is that during his 2nd 3 month period here, both divorces will
become final, and we will be free to marry before that I-94 is expired. No huge
wedding has been planned, we were just thinking of a Justice of the Peace at my mom's
apartment and some sausage and peppers LOL.

As we cannot afford to go through an attorney to get this all done the "right" way as
they say, we are left to do it all ourselves, and are very confused as to what the
next step should be for us. We are desperate to have our dream of being together, and
are not willing to let anything or anyone stand in our way, but as his going back to
England for a year to wait out a K-1 is really not an option, we are lost now as to
what to do.. hence our seeking advice from good people like you all who have gone
through it or ARE going through it all now.

If anyone has any advice, or needs more info to give advice on this one .. PLEASE
feel free to e mail me and ask for it.

Thanking you in advance for any help you may be able to offer....

Barbara & Sean

Old May 1st 2001, 10:35 pm
Alvena Ferreira

LdyRvnHrt wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
If he stays and you marry and file his AOS, find into on filing here:
http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/touristframes.html

alvena marriage visa pages at: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes

Old May 2nd 2001, 12:26 am
LdyRvnHrt

Thanks a bunch Alvena .. I appreciate it

Old May 3rd 2001, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

timiny74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to US with kids

Barbara,
Is there any chance that Sean's soon to be ex-wife would try to claim custody or is there anything in his divorce that says both parents of his kids should have access to the kids?
I'm just wondering if that might be a problem you haven't thought of. Or maybe he has full custody or the mother doesn't want anything to do with the kids?
Just a thought,
Matt