B2 Visa questions

Old Jan 6th 2020, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default B2 Visa questions

Hi there, second post in this section of the forum.

Some questions around the B2 visa and how everything works.

I have no criminal record, have an ACRO that shows no trace, and an empty SAR. I've been arrested twice, once for a crime which wouldn't be classed as moral turpitude for which i received a reprimand (was 14/15), then was arrested for a crime classed as moral turpitude but safe to say no crime was ever actually committed by myself or anyone else accused. I applied to have my records wiped and they are now clean as a whistle

I am not eligible for an ESTA which was confirmed on the last thread i started - had parked the whole thing as had no immediate plans to travel to the US last time I posted.

Things have now changed for me and whilst i still have no immediate plans I have been invited to a wedding in May over there, but also have an application for PR to Canada in at the moment (which does make travel to the US cheaper/more accessible), have found out that a B2 visa is usually good for 10 years - I have 3 questions.

1) How does this work with land border crossings from Canada, would i just fill in an I94 and show them my visa?

2) Would the fact I am potentially going to be living somewhere where I can drive across the border to the US be any sort of major concern for them regards how long it stays valid for.

3) On renewing the B2 visa would I have to go to the US consulate in London, or would i be able to apply at Calgary or the like (not trying to plan 10 years out, just in case I only get a 1/2 year B2 visa)
Old Jan 8th 2020, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Visa questions

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes if you're residing in Canada.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 1:21 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Visa questions

Originally Posted by tom169
1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes if you're residing in Canada.
Wot 'e said.

(3. + You apply where you live, but London would also work.)