Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B2 visa for an Indian Working Holiday Maker from London!

B2 visa for an Indian Working Holiday Maker from London!

Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:58 am
Just Joined

cyberguyjordan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B2 visa for an Indian Working Holiday Maker from London!

Hi all,

I'm an Indian presently working in Scotland on a working holiday maker visa. My visa is expiring in this Dec. I've a 20 days holiday before Dec and I would like to go to NY by next month on my holidays.
My employer is a MNC and i've been working with them for about 3 months now. They are ready to give a letter showing that i'm employed with them. Basically I'm going back to India for good in Dec. I want to stay with my family for the rest of my life, i was travelling since i finished Uni.

My dream was to visit London,Edinburgh and New York. I've been to London and Edinburgh.Before going back to India, I would like to complete my dream by going to NY as well. I think it's the right time as i've got holidays and money in my account.

Please advise me what are my chances of getting a B2 Tourist visa from London embassy?

Is there any additional documents to be shown other than empoyer's letter & bank statements?

I've details of accomodation where i'm going to stay in NY, but havent' booked the room yet, will that be ok?

if they reject visa for any reason, will they stamp the same on the passport?

Hope I'll get your valuble response.

Thanks for your precious time.

Louis
Old Oct 4th 2009, 1:12 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 visa for an Indian Working Holiday Maker from London!

Originally Posted by cyberguyjordan
Hi all,

I'm an Indian presently working in Scotland on a working holiday maker visa. My visa is expiring in this Dec. I've a 20 days holiday before Dec and I would like to go to NY by next month on my holidays.
My employer is a MNC and i've been working with them for about 3 months now. They are ready to give a letter showing that i'm employed with them. Basically I'm going back to India for good in Dec. I want to stay with my family for the rest of my life, i was travelling since i finished Uni.

My dream was to visit London,Edinburgh and New York. I've been to London and Edinburgh.Before going back to India, I would like to complete my dream by going to NY as well. I think it's the right time as i've got holidays and money in my account.

Please advise me what are my chances of getting a B2 Tourist visa from London embassy?

Is there any additional documents to be shown other than empoyer's letter & bank statements?

I've details of accomodation where i'm going to stay in NY, but havent' booked the room yet, will that be ok?

if they reject visa for any reason, will they stamp the same on the passport?

Hope I'll get your valuble response.

Thanks for your precious time.

Louis
They really want people to apply from their home country. Although exceptions have been made in the past, the chances of you getting a visa in a country where you merely worked for three months are very slim. They will have a record of your attempt regardless of whether or not they mark it in your passport.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is here with me in Sydney and non Australia but a PR here. Had no issues getting a visa at the embassy.

With the question on denial - would have thought so that they will stamp the PP.

As previos post says - they have all the record. So just by trying different embassy - can't fool the system not that the OP meant that.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

As has been said by others, your chances of a B if you do not apply are easy to compute. Anything else is a guess.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

cyberguyjordan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crg
They really want people to apply from their home country. Although exceptions have been made in the past, the chances of you getting a visa in a country where you merely worked for three months are very slim. They will have a record of your attempt regardless of whether or not they mark it in your passport.
hi there,

Thanks for your quick response.
One thing i forgot to mention that I've only 1 year work permit on my WHM visa and i didn't want to break any visa rules and my basic intention was holidays as the visa intends. I been to UK in Dec 2007 and travlled most of the places in London, worked there for 7 months and i moved to Scotland in Feb and was holidayin till July.

This is a true story, So if i presented this in a good manner.
can u say my chances are 60/40- w/l?

Thanks again

hi evby, pls drop ur advise and suggestions.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:20 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyberguyjordan
hi there,

Thanks for your quick response.
One thing i forgot to mention that I've only 1 year work permit on my WHM visa and i didn't want to break any visa rules and my basic intention was holidays as the visa intends. I been to UK in Dec 2007 and travlled most of the places in London, worked there for 7 months and i moved to Scotland in Feb and was holidayin till July.

This is a true story, So if i presented this in a good manner.
can u say my chances are 60/40- w/l?

Thanks again

hi evby, pls drop ur advise and suggestions.
Considering your age, the economic conditions in your home country, family ties, the reason for travel, and economic situation your chances are <shakes magic 8-ball> 1% chance of getting the visa.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Bladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of light

Surely Indians don't need visas. They were there before the Europeans!!

Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Different colour
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:10 am
crg
American Expat

It only applies to Indians born in Canada anyway.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
It only applies to Indians born in Canada anyway.
Much to the chagrin of several Mexican citizens I know...
Old Oct 5th 2009, 9:44 am
crg
American Expat

Originally Posted by meauxna
Much to the chagrin of several Mexican citizens I know...
Actually, if North American Indians who were born and habitually reside in Canada happen to have a child while in the UK etc on vacation, that child wouldn't enjoy the same visa free access either.