B2 visa help please

Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 visa help please

Got Google?
Originally Posted by skstorm
9 FAM 41.31 Notes, where could I find these please and not sure what they are.
The point is, the visa application should be clear about both the intended length of the visit and the intended purpose of the visit. The two should be consistent, e.g. don't say that the visit is planned for 2 months and the intended purpose is a visit to Disney Land showing a 1-week agenda.
To be honest we have no family in the states no job offers and absolutely no reason to stay longer. Have to get home to pick the dog and cat up from kennels :-)
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

9 FAM 41.31 Notes, where could I find these please and not sure what they are.
Start here: http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/regs/fam/09fam/index.htm
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

...is there anything anyone can think of that would be really good to prove his ties to the UK (I can't think of anything more tying than your wife and son, he does have other members of his family over here.
And in this particular case, the wife and son are not good ties, because they aren't staying behind in the UK.

Rene
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

skstorm is an unknown quantity at this point

:-( I could prove my ties to the uk with a mortgage statement and my sons childcare contract will it go against us that we are travelling together?
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

:-( I could prove my ties to the uk with a mortgage statement and my sons childcare contract will it go against us that we are travelling together?
All you can do is bring whatever proof you have, of the following:

1. Ties to the UK
2. Proof of intended length of travel
3. Proof of reason for travel

As for traveling together going against you....the option is leaving a spouse and/or child at home...do you really want to do that?? I'm sure you want to go as a family, don't you?

Just do your best, hope for the best, and if it doesn't work out, look elsewhere for a holiday.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2012, 1:30 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not so sure about that. In general, it's expected that one spouse goes where the other goes. And in this case, neither spouse has any basis to adjust status once they've entered the USA. (True, they could all overstay and go underground as undocumented aliens.)

The big issue here, it seems to me, is that the B2 visa applicant had insufficient roots in the UK when they originally applied for a visa. Time has changed that, the change in circumstances needs to be presented well to change the decision. Provided that there are not other details in the visa applicant's background that we have not been made aware of.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
And in this particular case, the wife and son are not good ties, because they aren't staying behind in the UK.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2012, 7:47 am
Just Joined

skstorm is an unknown quantity at this point

my husband does have a conviction but it was a minor traffic offence of being on a mobile phone back in 2009- stupid I know but I am not really taking it as one of moral turpitude and therefore thinking that it will not really be a barrier