B2 visa help

Old Jan 30th 2020, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

CoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really nice
Default B2 visa help

Hi , it's looks like i have been approved my b2 visa waivering my old conviction, they just emailed me asking me to send my passport to them to issue it.

However, I wasn't expecting a decision this quick, and we was planning to go august 1st.

Am.i right in thinking that these visa only last 6 months from date of issuance? Or is it 6 montgs from entry into the us???
Old Jan 30th 2020, 6:55 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 visa help

Originally Posted by CoolHandFluke
Hi , it's looks like i have been approved my b2 visa waivering my old conviction, they just emailed me asking me to send my passport to them to issue it.

However, I wasn't expecting a decision this quick, and we was planning to go august 1st.

Am.i right in thinking that these visa only last 6 months from date of issuance? Or is it 6 months from entry into the us???
I think you'll be OK - the shortest visa (I think) is "12 months, single entry", meaning you can enter once during the 12 month validity of the visa, note, this includes entering on the last day of the visa validity and staying for 180 days.

"5 years, multi-entry", is quite common, but not necessarily for the first time you have received the visa - you might have to prove you can behave yourself on a single entry visa first! I am not sure if they still issue "10 years, multi-entry", but that is I think the longest B-2 visa you could get.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 30th 2020 at 6:58 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

CoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I think you'll be OK - the shortest visa (I think) is "12 months, single entry". "5 years, multi-entry", is quite common, but not necessarily for the first time you have received the visa - you might have to prove you can behave yourself on a single entry visa first! I am not sure if they still issue "10 years, multi-entry", but that is I think the longest B-2 visa you could get.
how will i know what length i have?
Old Jan 30th 2020, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll be OK - the shortest visa (I think) is "12 months, single entry". "5 years, multi-entry", is quite common, but not necessarily for the first time you have received the visa - you might have to prove you can behave yourself on a single entry visa first! I am not sure if they still issue "10 years, multi-entry", but that is I think the longest B-2 visa you could get.
Visas involving a waiver of ineligibility are never issued for 10 years. Five is the maximum with a waiver, and it seems to be the case that the overwhelming majority are issued for that duration now, along with multiple entries.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 6:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

It will be printed in your passport.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

The visa will have the expiry date and permitted number of entries printed on it.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
The visa will have the expiry date and permitted number of entries printed on it.
Pardon my numbness, but does this mean I can go to the us when I choose to, within 5 years and be able to stay for 6 months maximum
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

It will be printed in your passport.
thanks for your help... one happy chappy here
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:09 pm

thanks for your help... one happy chappy here
Congratulations - enjoy your trip!

Pardon my numbness, but does this mean I can go to the us when I choose to, within 5 years and be able to stay for 6 months maximum
Yes ..... the visa in your passport will state the length of the validity of the visa (for entries, so you can still enter on the last day of validity and stay in the US after the visa (for entry) has expired) and the number of times you can enter, which might just be "multi-entry", meaning you may attempt to enter as many times as you like - although like ESTA, the immigration officer can still turn you away if they think you're entering too often or staying too long (on aggregate).

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 30th 2020 at 7:13 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations - enjoy your trip!

Yes ..... the visa in your passport will state the length of the validity of the visa (for entries) and the number of times you can enter, which might just be "multi-entry", meaning you may attempt to enter as many times as you like - although like ESTA, the immigration officer can still turn you away if they think you're entering too often or staying too long (on aggregate).
thank you!
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

The visa being valid for 5 years (or whatever) means that you can use it to travel to the USA during that period of time.

The number of entries dictates how many times you can use it to travel to the USA. In most cases, this is usually "multiple entries".

How long you can stay in the USA, or even whether you are allowed in at all, is decided by the CBP border guards when you arrive at a port of entry immigration control. It's usually six months, but it can be less, based on their discretion.

Having a conviction and a waiver of ineligibility will also mean that you are normally detained on arrival and sent to secondary immigration processing to be asked further questions about your visit; so be prepared for that to happen.

Good luck!
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

The visa being valid for 5 years (or whatever) means that you can use it to travel to the USA during that period of time.

The number of entries dictates how many times you can use it to travel to the USA. In most cases, this is usually "multiple entries".

How long you can stay in the USA, or even whether you are allowed in at all, is decided by the CBP border guards when you arrive at a port of entry immigration control. It's usually six months, but it can be less, based on their discretion.

Having a conviction and a waiver of ineligibility will also mean that you are normally detained on arrival and sent to secondary immigration processing to be asked further questions about your visit; so be prepared for that to happen.

Good luck!
jeez! No im scared, il be ok though?
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

Nothing to worry about. Just answer the questions and you'll be fine.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:31 pm

It is rather unlikely that you will have any problems at entry, though as already advised, you should expect to be sent to secondary for a little chat when you arrive.

You have already been reviewed and investigated as part of the visa application process, so as long as you don't have any undiscovered skeletons in your closet and haven't been silly since you got your visa, you'll be fine.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Nothing to worry about. Just answer the questions and you'll be fine.
It is rather unlikely that you will have any problems at entry, though as already advised, you should expect to be sent to secondary for a little chat when you arrive.

You have already been reviewed and investigated as part of the visa application process, so as long as you don't have any undiscovered skeletons in your closet and haven't been silly since you got your visa, you'll be fine.
thanks guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.