Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B2 VISA APPLICATION AFTER ESTA REJECTION + MULTIPLE REFUSALS

B2 VISA APPLICATION AFTER ESTA REJECTION + MULTIPLE REFUSALS

Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

enigma_442 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B2 VISA APPLICATION AFTER ESTA REJECTION + MULTIPLE REFUSALS

First time on this forum and my story is thus:
I have 4 immediate family members in the US (Parents + Siblings). I have been refused visas 3 times in the last 4 years. The standard reason being 'Stronger ties in the US than in UK'. I agree.

I am now a British citizen and I applied for ESTA but it was not authorised. I have applied for a visa interview and my argument is (and remains) I do not intend to run off in the US, I have been denied opportunities to attend special family events (Milestone Birthdays of parents, Weddings, Christmas). My wife (who is also British) has had to attend some on our behalf). I am showing pictures of family events I couldnt attend (the whole family smiling with a picture of me on the wall in the background )

I have gone with all necessary documents in the past to demonstrate ties and residency here, at the last interview, the lady said my marriage of 3 years is still young, now my wife is 4 months pregnant, is that enough reason for me not to run off?

Please advice, I want to celebrate Christmas with my family after 11 years!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:25 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 VISA APPLICATION AFTER ESTA REJECTION + MULTIPLE REFUSALS

Originally Posted by enigma_442
I have 4 immediate family members in the US (Parents + Siblings).
Consider getting your parents and siblings to contact their federal senator or representative.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:59 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

What method did the rest of the family use to get over there? What method did you use to get into the UK?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I do not intend to run off in the US...
How would you answer the following question, "Prove that you don't intend to stay in the US?"

I am showing pictures of family events I couldnt attend (the whole family smiling with a picture of me on the wall in the background)
If you're serious, I wouldn't bother... US immigration won't care.

... my wife is 4 months pregnant, is that enough reason for me not to run off?
Respectfully, I would think the opposite would be true!

I want to celebrate Christmas with my family after 11 years!
There's really no way of knowing, in advance, what will happen.

Ian
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-GB) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.353 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Dad got H1B and filed for family, I was over 21 at the time so wasn't included in the application. I came to the UK as a student... Not sounding good for me right?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-GB) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.353 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I understand my proof is not as solid as they would want to hear.. Was once told at an interview to have a couple of mortgages and 3 children in school.. But I don't have all that, I have a well paying job + Position, rent and a wife..

Respectfully.. I laughed out loud!

It is really frustrating to be honest..
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand my proof is not as solid as they would want to hear.. Was once told at an interview to have a couple of mortgages and 3 children in school.. But I don't have all that, I have a well paying job + Position, rent and a wife..

Respectfully.. I laughed out loud!

It is really frustrating to be honest..
Get them to visit you and your wife and soon to be child.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Get them to visit you and your wife and soon to be child.
They have visited the UK over 10 times in total!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

They have visited the UK over 10 times in total!
Get them to come over for Christmas.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Get them to come over for Christmas.
Your point simply is: I should'nt bother to go for the interview?

Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

You paid for it, go for it.

Expecting a different result with no changes in your circumstances seems optimistic.

The big issue you mentioned was being together as a family at Christmas, she will be 6 months gone so get them to re visit.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Dad got H1B and filed for family, I was over 21 at the time so wasn't included in the application. I came to the UK as a student... Not sounding good for me right?
So where are you from originally, since you say you came to the UK as a student?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Consider getting your parents and siblings to contact their federal senator or representative.
Thank you for this. Is that supposed to be like an appeal or complaint? Do they have to be full citizens of the US? (they are legal permanent residents)

Last edited by enigma_442; Nov 9th 2011 at 8:35 am.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 1:33 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for this. Is that supposed to be like an appeal or complaint? Do they have to be full citizens of the US? (they are legal permanent residents)
It's probably your only stick. Based on their place of residence, your parents will have two senators and one representative. Look at their websites for "constituency services" and choose one for your case. For example, here's my senator's page: http://mccain.senate.gov/public/inde...vices.Casework

It shouldn't matter that they are only PRs.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
It's probably your only stick. Based on their place of residence, your parents will have two senators and one representative. Look at their websites for "constituency services" and choose one for your case. For example, here's my senator's page: http://mccain.senate.gov/public/inde...vices.Casework

It shouldn't matter that they are only PRs.
Thank you!