b2 visa application

Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:43 am
Just Joined

daveeg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default b2 visa application

Hi Gang

I was planning on going to hawaii for 3months and then 8 weeks in the states, doing a couple volunteer retreats. What is the best way to approach getting an extension on my waiver visa? Going to canada after that using a working holiday visa

Cheers
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:46 am
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: b2 visa application

You can not get an extension on the visa waiver. You can apply for a visitor visa before your trip, but it may not be that easy to get.

Originally Posted by daveeg
Hi Gang

I was planning on going to hawaii for 3months and then 8 weeks in the states, doing a couple volunteer retreats. What is the best way to approach getting an extension on my waiver visa? Going to canada after that using a working holiday visa

Cheers
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:52 am
Just Joined

daveeg is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonder what sways there decision to give you a b2 visa?
Old Jan 5th 2009, 1:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder what sways there decision to give you a b2 visa?
Mainly if you do not qualify to use the VWP.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 1:31 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was planning on going to hawaii for 3months and then 8 weeks in the states...
You're aware, I hope, that Hawaii *is* in the States!

What is the best way to approach getting an extension on my waiver visa?
You can't get an extension to the VWP... and, if you're eligible for the VWP, it is very difficult to get a B-2. After all... no one *needs* to visit the US for 6 months! I suggest you alter your plans to fit within the 90 days (not 3 months) allowed by the VWP.

Ian
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Mr Spouse is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not clear from your OP but if you're planning on volunteering in Hawaii as well as the 48 states, then producing evidence of this should get you a B-2 visa. Expect a mild grilling at the Embassy as to your reasons for staying more than 90 days, but if all is ok then you will probably be given a combined B-1/B-2 valid for 10 years. On entry to the US that should be ok for the normal 6 months permission to stay.

Proper invitation letters are very useful in these circumstances, particularly if they contain a finish date to show you won't be tempted to work or study or stay overtime.