Wikiposts

B2-Tourist visa

Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:00 am
Just Joined

aberdonian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B2-Tourist visa

Good day!

Hello everyone im a newbie, its good to be here!
I've been here in UK for almost a year now, and placed are lovely although its freezing

My holiday at work are booked from 3rd week of september so me and my hubby are planning to visit my sister in New york for 10-12 days only.

So i need to apply the B2 visa, were planning to stay for 2 weeks and were going to stay in their house as our accomodation.

1. I've got a letter from my sister,stating that they're inviting us for (stated dates we planning to travel) and she even signed it and put her contact details.
2. My payslips (myself and hubby)
3. Bank statements (joint and my own account)
4.Marriage certificate
5. Both of our passport
6.The DS-156 form i filled up online and printed one
7.Some papers to show that i lived here in UK( NHs card,Ni card,etc)
8. Letter of employment stated the dates of my holiday and the day im going back to work.
9. Printed email confirmation from them as i had already book my appointment for interview and that would be next month on 16th of august late morning. MRV fee is £60 = $100

Just hope i will have my visa, im 'lil worried guys as im not a permanent resident here in UK as i hold FLR(m) which is 2 yrs and will be applying for my ILR jan 2009.

Is anyone here, in same position as me who had successfully got there B2-Visa?How was the interview like? im a filipina married to a british guy.

Is the B2-visa is valid for 6 months or 10 yrs?

Well, to fly for my interview from aberdeen to london is quite expensive as we go both.August is a peak season, hope its not a waste.

Hope to hear anyone of you guys!

Cheers!

PS. sorry if i'd posts this in a wrong thread

Last edited by aberdonian; Jul 11th 2007 at 11:14 am.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Default Re: B2-Tourist visa

Any views pls???
Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:10 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aberdonian
Any views pls???
You should have no problems with a 2week vacation ..
B-2 can be valid for however long they want..
A UK resident would normally get 10 years ..
sometimes less ..
Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks Ray,

I'm still not a permanent resident here in UK, i hold 2 year extension visa FLR(m) and will be applying for permanent residency (ILR) by january 2009.

Thanks again
Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:18 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ray,
I'm still not a permanent resident here in UK, i hold 2 year extension visa FLR(m) and will be applying for permanent residency (ILR) by january 2009.
Thanks again
Stop worrying ...
Leave that until the 16th of august

Enjoy your day in London ...
Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Yeah i will.............................

Cheers Amigo
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Hello again,

Is anyone of you here can confirm to me the American Embassy in London,as i had alook in Google earth it seems quite too far to walk from the actual grosvenor square... anyone of you here can give me the exact overview picture of the area pls................. and what is the nearest rail station? as we go via Luton...

i would appreciate it.......................million thanks!!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Hello again,

Is anyone of you here can confirm to me the American Embassy in London,as i had alook in Google earth it seems quite too far to walk from the actual grosvenor square... anyone of you here can give me the exact overview picture of the area pls................. and what is the nearest rail station? as we go via Luton...

i would appreciate it.......................million thanks!!
US Embassy is right next to Grosvenor Square - which is a handy place to sit and wait a while or eat lunch. Marble Arch tube isn't too far to walk (IMHO)
to the Embassy.

Luton connections - Google is your friend! For instance -

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/luton_rail.htm

Good luck!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:24 am
Ray

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/ukembmap.html
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:15 am
J. J. Farrell

On Aug 15, 7:26 pm, aberdonian <[email protected]>
wrote:
>
> Is anyone of you here can confirm to me the American Embassy in
> London,as i had alook in Google earth it seems quite too far to walk
> from the actual grosvenor square... anyone of you here can give me the
> exact overview picture of the area pls.................

Err ... the USA Embassy is on Grosvener Square - they couldn't be any
closer. The entrance for visa appointments is about thirty yards from
Grosvenor Square.

> and what is the
> nearest rail station? as we go via Luton...

Not much in it from Luton - King's Cross or St. Pancras are probably
your best bets for tube or bus connections.

Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:26 am
Just Joined

VISAHLP is an unknown quantity at this point

HELLO,
PAY ATTENTION TO THIS

Citizens of United Kingdom do not need a visa to United States for a stay up to 90 days

Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VISAHLP
HELLO,
PAY ATTENTION TO THIS

Citizens of United Kingdom do not need a visa to United States for a stay up to 90 days

The OP is NOT a citizen of the UK.

Your information is also wrong. Not every citizen of the UK can use the VWP - there are some who can't.

Last edited by English Muffin; Aug 16th 2007 at 12:37 am.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:31 am
J. J. Farrell

On Aug 16, 1:26 pm, VISAHLP <[email protected]>
wrote:
> > Good day!
>
> > Hello everyone im a newbie, its good to be here!
> > I've been here in UK for almost a year now, and placed are lovely
> > although its freezing
>
> > My holiday at work are booked from 3rd week of september so me and my
> > hubby are planning to visit my sister in New york for 10-12 days only.
>
> > So i need to apply the B2 visa, were planning to stay for 2 weeks and
> > were going to stay in their house as our accomodation.
>
> > 1. I've got a letter from my sister,stating that they're inviting us
> > for (stated dates we planning to travel) and she even signed it and
> > put her contact details.
> > 2. My payslips (myself and hubby)
> > 3. Bank statements (joint and my own account)
> > 4.Marriage certificate
> > 5. Both of our passport
> > 6.The DS-156 form i filled up online and printed one
> > 7.Some papers to show that i lived here in UK( NHs card,Ni card,etc)
> > 8. Letter of employment stated the dates of my holiday and the day im
> > going back to work.
> > 9. Printed email confirmation from them as i had already book my
> > appointment for interview and that would be next month on 16th of
> > august late morning. MRV fee is £60 = $100
>
> > Just hope i will have my visa, im 'lil worried guys as im not a
> > permanent resident here in UK as i hold FLR(m) which is 2 yrs and
> > will be applying for my ILR jan 2009.
>
> > Is anyone here, in same position as me who had successfully got there
> > B2-Visa?How was the interview like? im a filipina married to a
> > british guy.
>
> > Is the B2-visa is valid for 6 months or 10 yrs?
>
> > Well, to fly for my interview from aberdeen to london is quite
> > expensive as we go both.August is a peak season, hope its not a waste.
>
> > Hope to hear anyone of you guys!
>
> > Cheers!
>
> > PS. sorry if i'd posts this in a wrong thread
>
> HELLO,
> PAY ATTENTION TO THIS
>
> Citizens of United Kingdom do not need a visa to United States for a
> stay up to 90 days
>

Assuming they qualify to use the visa waiver, that's correct. However,
what on earth has it got to do with a citizen of the Philippines
applying for a B-2 visa? Please stop posting irrelevant "answers".

Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Hello guys!

Just back to work today, and i really appreciate to those who replied my queries. Yes it was yesterday everything is okay, i haven't got time to check the forum as im quite busy early morning. And i found the US EMBASSY in london just beside the park (grosvenor square) with loads of armed police! w/ a big US flag on the top of the building, its quite old though.

anyways i have some comments for this:

Important Security Notice

1.Please do not bring mobile phones or any electronic devices, such as Blackberries, iPods, or PDAs as they are not allowed within the Embassy.

You will queue outside and you will leave you mobile phones.car keys, belt. etc in the guard house where u actually scanned.

2.Applicants are required to queue outside even in inclement weather. Please, therefore, do not arrive at the Embassy more than 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment time.

That's a rubbish, you can go more than 30mins of your scheduled appointment time...as its really really busy in there! and queues are all over.

Unfortunately, i've been waiting for 1hr and 30mins till the officer interviewed me for just 2 mins...... he was asking me if what is my job, my husbands job, where we met at first,when and where we get married. Then he trick me question bout my sister's status,where and when they met her husband (which pissed me off)...he don't even bother asking what is my purpose for my visit.. then he look and reviewed my documents.... then in a second..he just told me that he don't think that im eligible to have a visa, coz he don't convinced that im going back here in UK, that i don't have a strong tie in this country!! so forth!!... I did explain infact! with all the supporting letters i showed, banks,letter from sister that they're inviting us, letter from my employer that i will have to go back to work after 15days.. propertY deeds,etc. I am very confident that i will have my visa, but then everything went out to black :curse: and give me a piece of paper, explaining why i got denied......

All i wanted is just to see my sister and their first baby,im really mad.... and i can't even accept it at first. For all the costs we spent for the 2 mins interview yesterday is not worth it

the officer is really arrogant!,not even smiled at once to me

im sorry guys if i rant now, i feel so sad! It seems like my option is to wait till i have my british passport which is 3yrs from now! lol..have to think for something........

Thanks to J. J. Farrell . Ray, and to everyone i did not mentioned!

Last edited by aberdonian; Aug 17th 2007 at 6:56 am.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:02 am
Ray

im sorry guys if i rant now, i feel so sad! It seems like my option is to wait till i have my british passport which is 3yrs from now! lol..have to think for something........
Sorry to hear that ..but the history of you fellow countrywomen
would have seen to have come into play ..
Less than half of applicants are sucessfull

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.