Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B2 to LPR ~ does dual intent apply

B2 to LPR ~ does dual intent apply

Old Sep 1st 2011, 10:59 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 to LPR ~ does dual intent apply

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
People who apply while the person is in the states usually have them stay, kind of shortcutting the visa process. im understanding that this can look suspicious. My applying and then her returning to the UK while the app is in process will not have that air of suspicion. Correct?
"Suspicious" is the wrong word. "Discretion" is the word to use.

Take a look at Matter of Cavazos, 17 I&N Dec. 215 as clarified by Matter of Ibrahim, 18 I&N 55.

By the way, do not interpret these cases as meaning as it is permissible to come in on a VWP or B-2 with intent not to leave and adjust status. Also, many of the minions of the Dark Forces do not know the difference between "preconceived intent" and "misrepresentation."
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:18 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea what prompted your vitriolic response, maybe you're having a bad day, but save it for the right person before you offload on me!

I'm aware of the six month timeline to naturalization. As for doing my research what exactly do you think I'm doing now? Or do you have a preferred timeline for that?

As for my being vehement about the need for legal representation and slamming boards like these. You really have lost it. I began the K3 process with an attorney when he told me I had to stay in the UK while my application was being processed I turned to this boardfor advice. Thanks to the knowledgeable postersi was able to visit my husband and not only that when a border official pulled me aside for an in depth interview I breezed through it confidently. How do you suppose I could have done that without the help of these dedicated board members? Throughout the process this board was invaluable! We fired our attorney and continued the process without a hitch. The detailed posts of each stage, down to the hotel to stay in when having the doctors appointmentwhere you could sit in the window and watch and wait until it opened. And the color of the door to be looking at! There were no surprises!

I am indebted to this board and as such stayed around and helped others for a while. You can find an article by me on this site to this day.

So before you post in that manner again maybe you need to do your research!
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:26 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
"Suspicious" is the wrong word. "Discretion" is the word to use.

Take a look at Matter of Cavazos, 17 I&N Dec. 215 as clarified by Matter of Ibrahim, 18 I&N 55.

By the way, do not interpret these cases as meaning as it is permissible to come in on a VWP or B-2 with intent not to leave and adjust status. Also, many of the minions of the Dark Forces do not know the difference between "preconceived intent" and "misrepresentation."
Thank you Folinski. Discretion it is then I will take a look at the link. I'm hoping that mum will be doing it the 'right' way. From what I've posted does it look okay to you?
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 12:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Oh, I have a question for that then. I thought she wasnt doing AOS? I understood that AOS was for people who had entered here on B2 and wanted to stay here while their app is processed.
You're right, your mom is NOT doing an AOS. If you were asking about LPR processing times in relation to your mom's application, it does not apply.

If Im filing here how do USCIS know to send the second half of her app to London? Or does that happen with everyone regardless of whether you are doing it the 'right way' or the 'wrong way'.
As soon as you read the I-130 instructions, you will know the answer to this one.

Rene