B1 interview this week

Old Apr 16th 2012, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1 interview this week

Originally Posted by supercat68
the reason work wanted me to apply for the B1 was so i could spend longer than 90 days where which is needed to establish a brand new company.
I know you've got a lot on your mind just now, but if you really want to increase your chances... sit down for a few hours and write out a week-by-week itinerary of what you will be doing to further your company's interests while you're in the US. Be absolutely certain that it covers way more than the roughly 13 weeks you'd otherwise be allowed on the VWP. The more specific you can be, the better off you'll be... so dates, names of contacts, places you'll be, why, etc.

Your job now is to make it as easy as possible for the officer to say "yes". Make it easy for the officer.

Ian
Old Apr 16th 2012, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Following my other thread I have now changed my application for a B2 to a B1 which was a very simple procedure although I had to fill out a new DS-160.

I have a copy of my rental lease, bank statements, mobile phone bills, employers brochures, press releases, company records, letter saying they want to send me to the US for 6 months to look into opening a us branch and gain a good business client base there and that I will resume my position in the london office on Oct 29th 2012. I have a business card (with a US mobile number on it - PAYG so clients can contact a local number) and every other piece of paper that can help my case!

Should I show that I have booked a return flight? I don't want to appear too cocky by booking a flight ahead of time but on the other hand would a return flight from the US to the UK help my case?
Don't forget the business plan, with projected profit and loss, first year's revenue and sales figures. Where is this new office to be?
Old Apr 16th 2012, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

supercat68 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have P&L projections etc - the CEO will have that but I am compiling a list of all of the events in the US he wants me to attend, plus all of the events he wants me to host to help launch the product here.

Hopefully that will all be enough.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have P&L projections etc - the CEO will have that but I am compiling a list of all of the events in the US he wants me to attend, plus all of the events he wants me to host to help launch the product here.

Hopefully that will all be enough.
So its a new product too?
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:13 am
Just Joined

yes - it's a group of companies and i am working as the sales and marketing director for 2 of them. they are launching in the uk right now and he wants me to launch them stateside and see if it's viable to set up a us branch.
I now have a packed itinerary which will take me to several cities and to attend several events and conferences. my boss will also be very happy with this so I just hope the embassy are!

I don't think i'll sleep or eat until after my meeting. then I'll either be over the moon or completely gutted!
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:48 am
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Are you being completely honest with the people trying to help you on here?

If so, you move through life at a pace that barely seems possible. You change plans, gather documents and cross oceans at a pace that seems impossible.

Why is your boss going to be happy you've compiled a list of events to attend when you said he gave you a list of events he wanted you to attend? Tripping.

You're sure this whole 'company wanting to send you to the States' isn't just some manifestation that you and your Yank boyfriend have concocted to allow you to stay in the States longer?

Hope I'm wrong, but this all reads like attempted immigration fraud to my untrained eyes. Good luck, either way.

Last edited by TKO; Apr 17th 2012 at 12:49 am. Reason: redundant words
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes - it's a group of companies and i am working as the sales and marketing director for 2 of them. they are launching in the uk right now and he wants me to launch them stateside and see if it's viable to set up a us branch.
I now have a packed itinerary which will take me to several cities and to attend several events and conferences. my boss will also be very happy with this so I just hope the embassy are!

I don't think i'll sleep or eat until after my meeting. then I'll either be over the moon or completely gutted!
...... it would also help if you had a list of potential clients' names and industries lined up.

This sounds like a very costly 6 months research what with several cities to visit and conference to attend. Just the hotels and conferences themselves will be expensive - not to mention your own living expenses.

Make sure you can show that you have the monies to support you during the 6 months.

What are you doing about health insurance? It would be a disaster if you were to be taken ill during these busy months - from both a monetary and commercial point of view.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

One more thing ....... you said that this was a new company you are with; you came to the US previously with another hotel company.

So, in order to confirm your employment with this new company I would take some salary slips too - just in case they have some doubts as to the authenticity of the business plans
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:33 am
Just Joined

This is 100% genuine I swear. I joined this company in feb and have a contract and payslips to prove it.
I have £30k of savings in my bank and the company have a sublet here for me to be based it.
In Oct last year and jan this year I came to the us with my previous company.
As already stated I have my contract, letter from the CEO stating why he wants me here for 6 months and that I must return at the end of oct. I have no idea what else I could possibly provide to back up my case and this is totally genuine. The last thing I would do is dare to try and fake this for the sake of a 6 month trip.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:44 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

This is 100% genuine I swear. I joined this company in feb and have a contract and payslips to prove it.
I have £30k of savings in my bank and the company have a sublet here for me to be based it.
As already stated I have my contract, letter from the CEO stating why he wants me here for 6 months and that I must return at the end of oct. I have no idea what else I could possibly provide to back up my case and this is totally genuine. The last thing I would do is dare to try and fake this for the sake of a 6 month trip.
What about your Hawaii trip in June? How long will you be gone? You won't be working during that time.

But that's probably OK anyway, as long as you are admitted on the B-1, that includes tourist activities as well.

Keep in mind that if you get the B-1/B-2, but for some reason the POE agent admits you as the B-2, you cannot perform any work while inside the USA. So if you get the visa, make sure you stress the point at the POE that you're here on a business trip.

Rene
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Hawaii is just a week of holiday with 1 meeting with a potential client whilst I'm there. Thanks for pointing that out!

Please all think positive thoughts x
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

...... and you've got all these documents together in the space of about 48 hours!

You've done remarkably well when you think that when you started this thread you were only wanting a B-2 visa so that you could stay here for longer with your new boyfriend. As you said you were quite desperate to stay in the US.

Not quite sure why you are again telling us about your savings in the bank - surely the company is paying you for these 6 months considering all the work you will be doing for them?
Old Apr 17th 2012, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Because I want to show I have money for myself to.
They are allowed to pay me whilst im in the us on a b1 right?
Old Apr 17th 2012, 2:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Because I want to show I have money for myself to.
They are allowed to pay me whilst im in the us on a b1 right?
Well if you are going to be working for them for 6 months I would expect that you would want/need to be paid?

For a Sales and Marketing Director for a luxury brand some of your questions are somewhat unusual
Old Apr 17th 2012, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Well I've never done such a long trip before or applied for a visa. I'm almost regretting asking now as some of this hostility is really unnecessary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.