Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B1 entry denied: expedited removal or application for admission withdrawn?

B1 entry denied: expedited removal or application for admission withdrawn?

Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:29 am
Just Joined

analyst85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B1 entry denied: expedited removal or application for admission withdrawn?

I was recently denied entry on a B1/B2 visa. I was travelling on a company assignment and after verifying my facts with the client and my firm, determined that I am inadmissible to enter and a L1/H1 is more appropriate for my activities and that my company is gaming the immigration.

The officer told me that this is an application for admission withdrawn with no ban but Im still suspecting that they might have filed it as an expedited removal (5 year ban) but failed to inform me.

I got the following documents:
I-275: Only the last page where I signed to request a withdrawal of application. It does not have the list of charges (I heard that usually they have this list such as ordere removed or app. withdrawn and they tick the one that applies - but I didnt get it)

I-867AB: Record of Sworn Statement. I know this is issued when its an expedited removal with 5 year ban. However this is a QA with record of the officer asking me the following questions towards the end:
"You have failed to over come the assumption that you are an intending immigrant, understand?"
"Instead of formally removing you, which carries a 5 year ban, you will be allowed to withdraw your application to enter, understand?"
"Your visa will be cancelled and you will have to apply for a new one in your country, understand?"

My visa was cancelled with the following code: 22CFR41.I22(h)(3)
There is a USCIS stamp on my passport: WD Application for admission withdrawn, 212(a)(7)(A)(I)(i)

I was not given any other documents, such as I-860 or I-296 related to removals. But I did get an I-867 which Ive heard is related to removal. Also, all these documents were given to the airlines and handed to me once we landed in London.

If someone has had similar experiences, please help me figure out what all this means - deported with ban or withdrawn application with future eligibility to apply for a visa?

Thanks.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 10:12 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1 entry denied: expedited removal or application for admission withdrawn?

It sounds like you were allowed to withdraw. They will often use the I-867A/B, with the warning and credible fear questions, even when they expect to withdraw someone. That way they have read the warning etc and can still change their mind and do an expedited removal if they have to.