B1/B2 US Visa - Needs an advice

Old May 26th 2009, 3:24 am
Just Joined

net.pro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B1/B2 US Visa - Needs an advice

I have USA 10 Years "M" entries B1/B2 Visa which I got through my employer , but unfortunately now my company is not sending me to USA for Business (Training) Purpose ?

I want to know Can I myself go to USA for a Tourist purpose with the same B1/B2 Visa ?

If yes , What all Documents do I need to show at POE if Immigration Officer asks me ?

I am worried , Will it cause any problem for me at POE as I actually got visa through my company and now going for Tourist purpose with the same visa ?

Please advise.

Thanks
Old May 26th 2009, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1/B2 US Visa - Needs an advice

Didn't you ask this a week ago? The answer is the same. Yes, you can go. Your visa has no association with your previous employer. At POE show your passport, with the visa in it. It is also a good idea to bring some evidence of ties to your home country (employment contract or wage stubs, house rental agreement) and evidence that you can support yourself during your visit to the US (bank balance). Don't show this unless you are asked for such evidence.
Old May 26th 2009, 11:16 am
Just Joined

net.pro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by henryh
Didn't you ask this a week ago? The answer is the same. Yes, you can go. Your visa has no association with your previous employer. At POE show your passport, with the visa in it. It is also a good idea to bring some evidence of ties to your home country (employment contract or wage stubs, house rental agreement) and evidence that you can support yourself during your visit to the US (bank balance). Don't show this unless you are asked for such evidence.
thanks henry ,

My uncle is there in US , If i get sponsor letter from my uncle instead of showing any bank balanace would it work ?
Old May 26th 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Probably. It's best if the letter says something like "To whom it may concern - net.pro is welcome to stay in my house for his visit during July 2009", rather than "net.pro can live with me as long as he likes".

It might not be necessary at all. You will get more useful replies and experience on another forum, since US immigration often treat Indian citizens quite differently to British citizens.