B1/B2 UK or Irish Passport

Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

spaarks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B1/B2 UK or Irish Passport

My visitor visa in my UK Passport expires shortly and I am wondering if there would be any advantage in having the new one in my Irish Passport?

I am asking this because I recently read that the UK is considered by the DHS as being a high risk source of terrorists. Kinda strange twist to things!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:51 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1/B2 UK or Irish Passport

Originally Posted by spaarks
My visitor visa in my UK Passport expires shortly and I am wondering if there would be any advantage in having the new one in my Irish Passport?

I am asking this because I recently read that the UK is considered by the DHS as being a high risk source of terrorists. Kinda strange twist to things!

Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I think Muslim countries more so.. especially those in the axis of evil ...
Old Mar 30th 2008, 5:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Any reason why you can't use the visa waiver?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Lilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to all

I recently read that the UK is considered by the DHS as being a high risk source of terrorists. Kinda strange twist to things!
I've read some similar things, but it's in the context of British citizens of Pakistani heritage. There was even talk about ending the VWP for this reason. But assuming your name doesn't indicate that your parents are from the Indian subcontinent, then I doubt it makes a difference whether you're seen as British or Irish.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

The Visa Waiver is too restrictive because:

I sometimes want to stay more than three months.
I often fly back on a different carrier and from a different airport.
I frequently visit Canada by car, boat or light aircraft.
I sometimes leave by boat.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The Visa Waiver is too restrictive because:

I sometimes want to stay more than three months.
I often fly back on a different carrier and from a different airport.
I frequently visit Canada by car, boat or light aircraft.
I sometimes leave by boat.
If you have a good reason why the Visa Waiver Program you can apply for a regular tourist visa.

But the Consul will be interested in more background as to why you plan to do the above, because it's not what most visitors to the U.S. plan to do.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you have a good reason why the Visa Waiver Program you can apply for a regular tourist visa.

But the Consul will be interested in more background as to why you plan to do the above, because it's not what most visitors to the U.S. plan to do.
He has spread his story and questions across several threads, but IIRC he is retired. It sounds like he has been doing the above for several years. He's also had extensions twice on his B entries.

His question is, is there an advantage to a new visa application being in his UK or Irish pp. I'm interested to know, too, just out of curiosity.

My gut feeling is that it's better to keep it in the UK pp because he already has a history. But maybe that is what he's trying to ditch?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

It sounds like he has been doing the above for several years.
Yes he has, and he has never overstayed so it is perfectly legal.
He's also had extensions twice on his B entries.
Yes he has, also perfectly legal, and for rerasons which the INS accepted.

He has spread his story and questions across several threads
He has started two threads on separate subjects. He has posted replies in two other threads with the intention of being helpful.
If that is a problem please let him know and "he" will desist from contributing any further.

Thanks JJ for your constructive comments. Yes I have good reasons for my activities - I am a keen amateur sailor and flyer. My brother lives in Canada so I often visit him on my way out or on my way home. Unless the VWP rules have recently changed you have to fly back on the same carrier, and I think it does not entitle you to cross the border by private boat.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

If that is a problem please let him know and "he" will desist from contributing any further.
Sorry, didn't mean to be talking 'about' you in front of you, just catching JAJ up. As you know, sometime the complete context will make a difference in the reply.

I never questioned the legality of what you're doing/done, by the way. But the history of your visits does make a difference in every application for admission, or for a new visa.

I'm sorry you seem to have taken offense; none intended.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. Guess I misunderstood - for a moment you sounded like an Immigration Officer!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

It will show up on the records [i.e. the computer screen] that you hold dual nationality -- my off-the-top-of-my-head reaction is why do you want to to put a further issue in your record to provoke questioning?

This is just a pure guess IMHO.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend of mine was doing something similar, his B2 ran out recently and he took the view that the game was up. He has spent an awful lot of time in the US, but he had never applied for a US DL. Just as well as on one of his entries he had one Oficer spend a considerable amount of time trying to find one, if he had, he was fairly sure it would have been curtains.

And it is very different getting a B2 now than it was 10 years ago.