Australia/USA couple Questions

Old Jul 12th 2002, 6:20 am
Dove

Default Australia/USA couple Questions

Hello All, Im a US citizen who has moved to Australia and married. (3 yrs now). Due
to my fathers health... it is our wish to move to the US. My husband has never lived
outside of Australia. But does have a passport now. Im touching base to try and know
where we stand ahead of time. So here are my questions: Is it possible to fill out
papers now and get permission to work before leaving? Or will he have to have job
sponsorship before he leaves Australia?

Can I sponsor him? If so ... do I have to have residency pior... then send for him?
Not sure what it involves on my part.

As I said Im just trying to see if its possible for him to move right away if needed.
And get work after we arrive. Id appreciate any responce to this matter. I know I can
go back alone. But it would be better for us both to care for him. And not be
separated for a unknown period of time. Again thank you for your time. Dove

Old Jul 12th 2002, 11:20 pm
Morkai Kurst

Default Re: Australia/USA couple Questions

Check out Doc Steens site:

http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm

After you have agreed to the disclaimer the front page has a link saying
DCF: Which Visa.

Since you are a resident of australia you should be able to do the DCF which means
your husband will be able to work straight away on entry to the US. It also means he
will have immediate permanent residence.

Doc Steens site says it can take between a week and 3 months to achieve this process.
How fast Aussie works I don't know but hopefully someone from there will be able to
let you know. DCF is still the fastest process of all of them.

Good luck

Morkai

"Dove" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello All, Im a US citizen who has moved to Australia and married. (3 yrs now). Due
    > to my fathers health... it is our wish to move to the US. My husband has never
    > lived outside of Australia. But does have a passport now. Im touching base to try
    > and know where we stand ahead of time. So
here
    > are my questions: Is it possible to fill out papers now and get permission to work
    > before leaving? Or will he have to have job sponsorship before he leaves Australia?
    >
    > Can I sponsor him? If so ... do I have to have residency pior... then send for him?
    > Not sure what it involves on my part.
    >
    > As I said Im just trying to see if its possible for him to move right away if
    > needed. And get work after we arrive. Id appreciate any responce to this matter. I
    > know I can go back alone. But it would be better for us both to care for him. And
    > not be separated for a unknown period of time. Again thank you for your time. Dove
    >

Old Jul 13th 2002, 3:20 am
Dove

Hi Morkai, Thank you for this information. I will check it out right away. I
appreciate you replying back so quickly on this. Dad has cancer and although his
treatments did prolong its growth... it has become active once again. Im all he has..
so I will need to take care of him again. He's the best! So again thank you for
giving me something to check into to make this possible for Hubby to be with me. Its
hard to manage alone. Should he get in the state he once was.Thank you...

Respectfully, Dove "Morkai Kurst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1026512425.12106.0.nnrp-07.9e98...ws.demon.co.uk...
    > Check out Doc Steens site:
    >
    > http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
    >
    > After you have agreed to the disclaimer the front page has a link saying
    > DCF: Which Visa.
    >
    > Since you are a resident of australia you should be able to do the DCF
which
    > means your husband will be able to work straight away on entry to the US.
It
    > also means he will have immediate permanent residence.
    >
    > Doc Steens site says it can take between a week and 3 months to achieve
this
    > process. How fast Aussie works I don't know but hopefully someone from
there
    > will be able to let you know. DCF is still the fastest process of all of them.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Morkai
    >
    > "Dove" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hello All, Im a US citizen who has moved to Australia and married. (3 yrs now).
    > > Due to my fathers health... it is our wish to move to the US. My husband has
    > > never lived outside of Australia. But does have a
passport
    > > now. Im touching base to try and know where we stand ahead of time. So
    > here
    > > are my questions: Is it possible to fill out papers now and get permission to
    > > work before leaving? Or will he have to have job sponsorship before he leaves
    > > Australia?
    > >
    > > Can I sponsor him? If so ... do I have to have residency pior... then
send
    > > for him? Not sure what it involves on my part.
    > >
    > > As I said Im just trying to see if its possible for him to move right
away
    > > if needed. And get work after we arrive. Id appreciate any responce to this
    > > matter. I know I can go back alone.
But
    > > it would be better for us both to care for him. And not be separated for
a
    > > unknown period of time. Again thank you for your time. Dove
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >

Old Jul 13th 2002, 11:20 am
Morkai Kurst

No problem

Good luck and let us know how the process goes.

Morkai

"Dove" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Morkai, Thank you for this information. I will check it out right away. I
appreciate
    > you replying back so quickly on this. Dad has cancer and although his treatments
    > did prolong its growth... it has become active once again. Im
all
    > he has.. so I will need to take care of him again. He's the best! So again thank
    > you for giving me something to check into to make this possible for Hubby to be
    > with me. Its hard to manage alone. Should he get in the state
he
    > once was.Thank you...
    >
    > Respectfully, Dove

Old Jul 15th 2002, 4:20 am
Stephen Thompso

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:56:25 -0700, "Dove" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi Morkai, Thank you for this information. I will check it out right away. I
    >appreciate you replying back so quickly on this. Dad has cancer and although his
    >treatments did prolong its growth... it has become active once again. Im all he
    >has.. so I will need to take care of him again. He's the best! So again thank you
    >for giving me something to check into to make this possible for Hubby to be with me.
    >Its hard to manage alone. Should he get in the state he once was.Thank you...
    >

You are looking at about 4-6 weeks if all your ducks are in the right lines. I have
spoken to somebody who has done it in 4, and it wasn't too much stress

Steve

Old Jul 15th 2002, 6:20 am
Dove

Hi Stephen, Yeah I should have all they need. *I hope* Im in the last stage of my PR
for Australia... and I should be getting back word on mine any day. If not I may
speak to my case worker in regards to Daddys health. Id really hate to lose getting
it due to leaving at some point. Alot of time and money has gone into it all to lose
it. But guess you do what you must. Everyone here is so kind so Id sure speak to him
about the circumstances. He is aware of dads health ... Just not the latest findings.

Thanks, Dove

"Stephen Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:56:25 -0700, "Dove" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi Morkai, Thank you for this information. I will check it out right away. I
appreciate
    > >you replying back so quickly on this. Dad has cancer and although his treatments
    > >did prolong its growth... it has become active once again. Im
all
    > >he has.. so I will need to take care of him again. He's the best! So
again
    > >thank you for giving me something to check into to make this possible for Hubby to
    > >be with me. Its hard to manage alone. Should he get in the state
he
    > >once was.Thank you...
    > >
    >
    > You are looking at about 4-6 weeks if all your ducks are in the right lines. I have
    > spoken to somebody who has done it in 4, and it wasn't too much stress
    >
    > Steve