Atlanta Processing times

Old Oct 21st 2004, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

avi8tornole is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Atlanta Processing times

How is this possible? The EAD applications must be approved within 90 days right? So according to https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...lectedOffice=7
the Atlanta District Office is working on June 14, 2004 filings for EAD. This is 129 days not 90.
Now, my husband applied for his EAD renewal July 30, 2004. Notice of receipt date is August 5, 2004. His current EAD expires November 11, 2004. This is giving them 102 days from the date of mailing the application and then 97 days from the date of receipt.
Seeing this date reported above I am getting more than a little concerned. Also, after reading about Jana's husband's problem with the Atlanta office I don't have a lot of faith in the Atlanta office. His AP renewal was approved October 20, 2004. The applications were mailed the same day. I am not sure how to arm myself when we go in to demand the EAD.
What does everyone say?
Hilary & Ernesto
Old Oct 21st 2004, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Jana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Atlanta Processing times

Hi avi,

A few things and someone can correct me if I am wrong. First, my husband filed via the internet so technically Atlanta never touched his original EAD. My understanding though is that now all EAD's go through the National Benefits Center. So I don't quiet know if the Atlanta dates should concern you. Did you receive a notice of action for your EAD? If so, did it have an MSC number on it. If it did, you need to be following the National Benefits Center times. Good luck, I hope you never have to actually have to go to the Atlanta office.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avi8tornole
The EAD applications must be approved within 90 days right?
Wrong!

Ian
Old Oct 21st 2004, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Julia_sb is an unknown quantity at this point

How is this possible? The EAD applications must be approved within 90 days right? So according to https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...lectedOffice=7
the Atlanta District Office is working on June 14, 2004 filings for EAD. This is 129 days not 90.
Now, my husband applied for his EAD renewal July 30, 2004. Notice of receipt date is August 5, 2004. His current EAD expires November 11, 2004. This is giving them 102 days from the date of mailing the application and then 97 days from the date of receipt.
Seeing this date reported above I am getting more than a little concerned. Also, after reading about Jana's husband's problem with the Atlanta office I don't have a lot of faith in the Atlanta office. His AP renewal was approved October 20, 2004. The applications were mailed the same day. I am not sure how to arm myself when we go in to demand the EAD.
What does everyone say?
Hilary & Ernesto
Hi,

Don't rely on the Processing time, they are not accurate anyway. I got my EAD about 3 months and it came from Missouri and not Atlanta.

Julia
Old Oct 21st 2004, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

What does everyone say?
Hilary & Ernesto
Avi,
Since the NOA date is August 5, 2004....if you don't hear from them by 90 days (Nov 5, 2004), your hubby should be entitled to an interim EAD
good luck
rukhie
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

avi8tornole is an unknown quantity at this point

The NOA does have the MSC number on it. The dates from the MSC are just as bad with a processing date of June 7, 2004

Yikes!

It looks like we need to be prepared to do battle. Any ideas? Just take our paperwork into the Atlanta office and be prepared to wait? Or do I try to make an appointment?

Hilary & Ernesto

Originally Posted by Jana
Hi avi,

A few things and someone can correct me if I am wrong. First, my husband filed via the internet so technically Atlanta never touched his original EAD. My understanding though is that now all EAD's go through the National Benefits Center. So I don't quiet know if the Atlanta dates should concern you. Did you receive a notice of action for your EAD? If so, did it have an MSC number on it. If it did, you need to be following the National Benefits Center times. Good luck, I hope you never have to actually have to go to the Atlanta office.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jana is on a distinguished road

The NOA does have the MSC number on it. The dates from the MSC are just as bad with a processing date of June 7, 2004

Yikes!

It looks like we need to be prepared to do battle. Any ideas? Just take our paperwork into the Atlanta office and be prepared to wait? Or do I try to make an appointment?

Hilary & Ernesto
You will need to make an appointment using INFOPASS (look on http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...ta/aboutus.htm for INFOPASS). Be prepared to wait for about two hours to get called up, but don't make the appointment until after you are 90 days late.

Last edited by Jana; Oct 21st 2004 at 8:42 pm.