Atlanta Citizenship Interview

Old Jan 17th 2019, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Atlanta Citizenship Interview

Hi All,

Just wanted to do a quick post about my experience today at my Naturalization interview in Atlanta.

Interview was at 9:25am this morning at the Parklake Drive location. Checked in about 9:15 then had to go to the 3rd floor. Waited up there for about 15 minutes or so for my number to be called. Logs of space to sit - hardly anyone there.
Got sworn in and did the civics questions first - got all 6 right. Had to read "Which state has the most people" or something like that, then had to write "The State of California has the most people" or something like that.
Then they went over the application. Had a couple of updates to it which they did there and then. Signed the updates and I was done. Officer was very friendly and we joked a few times.
Should be receiving my oath date in 2 to 4 weeks and the oath ceremony will be about two weeks out from then.

Hope this might be useful fore someone!
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlanta Citizenship Interview

Originally Posted by dh010447
Hi All,

Just wanted to do a quick post about my experience today at my Naturalization interview in Atlanta.

Interview was at 9:25am this morning at the Parklake Drive location. Checked in about 9:15 then had to go to the 3rd floor. Waited up there for about 15 minutes or so for my number to be called. Logs of space to sit - hardly anyone there.
Got sworn in and did the civics questions first - got all 6 right. Had to read "Which state has the most people" or something like that, then had to write "The State of California has the most people" or something like that.
Then they went over the application. Had a couple of updates to it which they did there and then. Signed the updates and I was done. Officer was very friendly and we joked a few times.
Should be receiving my oath date in 2 to 4 weeks and the oath ceremony will be about two weeks out from then.

Congratulations. Brings back memories of my naturalization interview in Atlanta almost 6 years ago. Enjoy the ceremony!
Old Jan 18th 2019, 10:53 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

What was your N400 application date?
Old Jan 18th 2019, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

USCIS received on 1/29/18
Biometrics scheduled 2/2/18
Reviewed Biometrics 2/23/18
Interview scheduled 12/13/18
Attended interview 1/17/19
Application approved 1/17/19
Old Jan 18th 2019, 12:20 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Atlanta really is going backwards. 3 months ago it was about 9 months application-interview but now it's slid to a year.

Guess I should forget about it again until May then
Old Jan 18th 2019, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by civilservant
Atlanta really is going backwards. 3 months ago it was about 9 months application-interview but now it's slid to a year.

Guess I should forget about it again until May then
Online system says 6 months remaining for me with an initial estimate of 18 months. Take a look at this tracker and add your details to it: https://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400
Old Jan 18th 2019, 12:31 pm
Often not so civil...

Mine is currently 9 months, so that would roughly tally with what you are seeing. I think I should be expecting to get an interview notification in April with a likely May interview date. Just in time for summer I guess!
Old Jan 18th 2019, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

A colleague here (Pensacola, FL) became a citizen yesterday.
She applied in May 2018, had her interview in Montgomery in October and ceremony yesterday in Pensacola.
Old May 1st 2019, 11:49 am
Often not so civil...

I had my interview yesterday, and was recommended for approval. They must have been very busy over the last few months - because I was told it would be 2-3 months before the oath ceremony. Not much longer to wait now!
Old May 6th 2019, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

MaddiGibbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

That sounds remarkably straightforward I'm so happy for you! Good luck!
Old May 9th 2019, 2:10 am
Just Joined

teknodude is an unknown quantity at this point

Had to read "Which state has the most people" or something like that, then had to write "The State of California has the most people" or something like that.
This was the hardest bit of all in my interview!
I had to do a similar question answer on an iPad, and anyone who has had to write or sign with their finger on one, knows this is easier said than done.
My “handwriting” looked awful - and I apologized to the IO saying as much, and she just smiled and said - actually one of the best I’ve seen all week!

I’m not sure if everywhere does it on iPad (- mine was Miami) as I’ve seen recent reports of it being hand written onto paper still, but if you are nervous about using a finger on a screen, maybe try some way of practicing this first, so it isn’t daunting when suddenly put in front of you at interview.