ATL - change of address

Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

isannen is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ATL - change of address

I remember that someone - I think it was Steffi - wrote about an experience with the Atlanta office and a change of address. I was wondering if you ever got a notice back from them stating that they indeed got your change of address?
I had written them a letter to change my address about 5 months ago, and never got anything back. I just wrote another letter...Just wondering if I will hear back from them or not...
Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATL - change of address

Originally Posted by isannen
I remember that someone - I think it was Steffi - wrote about an experience with the Atlanta office and a change of address. I was wondering if you ever got a notice back from them stating that they indeed got your change of address?
I had written them a letter to change my address about 5 months ago, and never got anything back. I just wrote another letter...Just wondering if I will hear back from them or not...

Let me just butt in here and tell you..............god have mercy on anyone dealing with the Atlanta Office. Frankly.............they are all idiots and they seem to have a habit of losing things.

Leslie
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jana is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Scout
Let me just butt in here and tell you..............god have mercy on anyone dealing with the Atlanta Office. Frankly.............they are all idiots and they seem to have a habit of losing things.

Leslie

*cough* I concur, see my post from a couple weeks ago about losing my file...
Old Oct 28th 2004, 4:14 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it took them about 4 months to let me know that my address was changed. Did you do the 3 things like I told you in this previous post? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235202

[QUOTE=Scout]god have mercy on anyone dealing with the Atlanta OfficeQUOTE]
Yeah, speaking of (and this goes with Jana's stuff actually)...I'm about to have to send out my renewal EAD in a week....I can't wait! *end sarcasm*
Old Oct 29th 2004, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Steffi]Yeah, it took them about 4 months to let me know that my address was changed. Did you do the 3 things like I told you in this previous post? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235202

god have mercy on anyone dealing with the Atlanta OfficeQUOTE]
Yeah, speaking of (and this goes with Jana's stuff actually)...I'm about to have to send out my renewal EAD in a week....I can't wait! *end sarcasm*

We are still waiting on Pete's EAD. For some reason I thought he got it the day he went down to the Atlanta office, but all they did was take his picture and fingerprint him. We are still waiting on his AP as well. Somehow the idiots in Atlanta or the MSC lost the proof that we had filed for AOS. We are up in that air as to whether we will get to go to Wales in December. Thank goodness this all ends for us next spring when we make the move to Wales. Frankly, we have had enough. The rude, nasty incompetence of the BCIS has played a huge big factor in our decision to move to the UK.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Oct 29th 2004, 8:17 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

but all they did was take his picture and fingerprint him.
So they re-fingerprint you for the renewal EAD?

Wow, so you're actually going to pack your bags and move over there, huh! You aren't interested in at least getting the GC for him so that he won't have trouble visiting the US with you in the future?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Steffi
So they re-fingerprint you for the renewal EAD?

Wow, so you're actually going to pack your bags and move over there, huh! You aren't interested in at least getting the GC for him so that he won't have trouble visiting the US with you in the future?
Getting the GC would be a waste of time if they are moving across the pond. He'd lose it once he abandoned his residence.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:40 pm
K1 via London

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
Getting the GC would be a waste of time if they are moving across the pond. He'd lose it once he abandoned his residence.
He would just have to come back to visit every so often. I know people that did that. I guess unless there's no family left in the US to visit, I guess then it may not be worth it...
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Steffi
He would just have to come back to visit every so often. I know people that did that. I guess unless there's no family left in the US to visit, I guess then it may not be worth it...
This is a perpetuated myth - in the same category as the "I have to come back every 6 months" group. He must maintain residence - he can't just make a semiannual appearance for immigration's sake.

Let's say, for example, that I know a person that lied on his income taxes and got away with it. It doesn't mean lying on your taxes is legal.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't think whether or not he has a GC is going to make a difference in his visiting as long as we formally withdraw the petition for AOS when we leave. ..............not that I think Pete will want to visit all that much over here though, lol. He is not a huge USA fan .............good thing I love th UK lol.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Megan is an unknown quantity at this point

I never got anything back from ATL. I believe I sent them a couple of letters, but also called the USCIS helpline to make sure at least they had the address change...

Megan