Arghh!!! Lost Drivers License!!!

Old May 18th 2005, 1:42 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arghh!!! Lost Drivers License!!!

Originally Posted by ControlFreak
Unfortunately, yes.

It would have been so much easier if he'd been considerate enough to be
born in the UK.

CF
LOL.. so what are you gonna do??
Old May 18th 2005, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

ControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant future

Ok, my husband went to the local licensing office today, and they've said it will take 4 - 6 weeks for a new license to come through. In the meantime, he was given a paper license.
Will he need photo ID for the interview? I don't want to risk booking the interview until it comes through because, knowing the luck we've had lately, something will delay it and it won't arrive in time! His license is the only photo ID he has (or had).

CF
Old May 18th 2005, 7:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, my husband went to the local licensing office today, and they've said it will take 4 - 6 weeks for a new license to come through. In the meantime, he was given a paper license.
Will he need photo ID for the interview? I don't want to risk booking the interview until it comes through because, knowing the luck we've had lately, something will delay it and it won't arrive in time! His license is the only photo ID he has (or had).

CF
Hi CF,

I would think he'd need a government-issued photo ID, yes.

Rene
Old May 19th 2005, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

ControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi CF,

I would think he'd need a government-issued photo ID, yes.

Rene
Ok, at the risk of flogging a dead horse here, I ve just read all the instructions for the forms we'll be submitting, and I can't find any mention of my husband (the USC) needing photo ID.
On the I-130 it says..

5. What documents do you need to show you are a United States citizen?
A. If you were born in the United States, give INS your birth certificate.

The other forms we'll be submitting are, I-485, G-325A (for both of us), I-765 and, of course, the lovely I-864. As far as I can see, none of these require photo ID from the USC.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!!

CF
Old May 19th 2005, 5:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, at the risk of flogging a dead horse here, I ve just read all the instructions for the forms we'll be submitting, and I can't find any mention of my husband (the USC) needing photo ID.
On the I-130 it says..

The other forms we'll be submitting are, I-485, G-325A (for both of us), I-765 and, of course, the lovely I-864. As far as I can see, none of these require photo ID from the USC.

CF
Hi CF,

Just judging from what others have posted regarding their interviews, almost everyone has said that both the USC and the alien presented some form of photo ID...either a passport, driver license, or state ID.

The birth certificate proves USC-ship...but not sure it proves that's who HE is, unless he had other ID to show.

I hope someone chimes in and says photo ID is not necessary!

Rene
Old May 19th 2005, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi CF,

Just judging from what others have posted regarding their interviews, almost everyone has said that both the USC and the alien presented some form of photo ID...either a passport, driver license, or state ID.

The birth certificate proves USC-ship...but not sure it proves that's who HE is, unless he had other ID to show.

I hope someone chimes in and says photo ID is not necessary!

Rene
Me too!!

I was just thinking, considering the amount of evidence we'll be taking with us with his name on - bank statements, birth and marriage certificates, utility bills, photos, etc, is photo ID really needed?
I don't see the point in someone going to such lengths to pretend they are someone their not, when as far as I can see, the outcome would be the same.

Yes, I'm probably over-thinking this way too much, but I want to get all of this over as quickly as possible (and who doesn't?). It just seems that this is the latest in a long line of problems that has prevented us from actually booking the interview.

CF
Old May 19th 2005, 10:26 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

On the I-130 it says..

CF
As I posted earlier, I (the USC) was not asked for any photo ID at our AOS interview.

Marnee
Old May 19th 2005, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

On the I-130 it says..

CF

Hi:

Photo ID needed to get into the bloody Federal Building. However, many of the smaller INS offices are located in leased office space, so ID may not be needed. [e.g. I need ID to get into 300 North Los Angeles Street, but I don't need it to get into the El Monte naturalization office].

At most interviews, picture ID IS requested.
Old May 19th 2005, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Photo ID needed to get into the bloody Federal Building. However, many of the smaller INS offices are located in leased office space, so ID may not be needed. [e.g. I need ID to get into 300 North Los Angeles Street, but I don't need it to get into the El Monte naturalization office].

At most interviews, picture ID IS requested.
Thank you! I shall wait until his license comes through before booking the interview.
Hopefully that will be sometime this year.....

CF
Old May 19th 2005, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! I shall wait until his license comes through before booking the interview.
Hopefully that will be sometime this year.....

CF
Out of idle curiosity -- the temps don't have a pic on them? The ones in California print out the digital pic on very pale B&W -- not all that secure, but it is still picture ID.
Old May 20th 2005, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Out of idle curiosity -- the temps don't have a pic on them? The ones in California print out the digital pic on very pale B&W -- not all that secure, but it is still picture ID.
Unfortunately not.

I guess six weeks isn't that long to wait. Thanks for the help.

CF
Old May 20th 2005, 5:16 pm

Unfortunately not.

I guess six weeks isn't that long to wait. Thanks for the help.

CF
Hi CF,

If you have time, and don't feel like waiting that long, maybe he can go in to DMV and just get a State ID card. Here in AZ, you can get those the same day, and it's very quick and easy...and only about $10.

Just a thought
Rene
Old May 20th 2005, 8:22 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kidd Andersson
ControlFreak wrote:
If he's in the US, he can go to his local DMV, tell them his was lost,
they'll charge him a fee, make sure his address is still correct, take a
new picture and boom. 10 minutes later he has a new license. No sweat.
K.
They don't even need to take a new picture... My hubbie needed a new driver's license because his 'old' one delaminated (split in layers) so he went (SC) and they had his picture on file... he waited all of five minutes and they made him an exact copy!
Petra
Old May 20th 2005, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Petra
They don't even need to take a new picture... My hubbie needed a new driver's license because his 'old' one delaminated (split in layers) so he went (SC) and they had his picture on file... he waited all of five minutes and they made him an exact copy!
Petra
I had to get a replacement license because my pictures almost all faded off. I did it on line, paid the fee by credit card, and the new license came in the mail. They almost make it too easy these days!

Rene
Old May 20th 2005, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi CF,

If you have time, and don't feel like waiting that long, maybe he can go in to DMV and just get a State ID card. Here in AZ, you can get those the same day, and it's very quick and easy...and only about $10.

Just a thought
Rene
Well, I've looked into getting a State ID card, and this will take 2 - 3 weeks to come through. Still better than waiting for the drivers license!

Thanks Rene.

CF