Arghh!!! Lost Drivers License!!!

Old May 17th 2005, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

ControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant future
Default Arghh!!! Lost Drivers License!!!

I was hoping to book our AOS interview for sometime next month, but my husband (the USC) can't find his drivers license!!
He's obviously going to get a replacement, but we're now wondering whether we
should wait for it to come through before we go ahead and book.
We don't want to take the chance that it doesn't come through in time.
Ugh!! It seems to be one thing after another!!

CF
Old May 17th 2005, 2:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arghh!!! Lost Drivers License!!!

Originally Posted by ControlFreak
I was hoping to book our AOS interview for sometime next month, but my husband (the USC) can't find his drivers license!!

CF

?????????????????????????

Why do you have to wait until you have a replacement DL? Your husband has a passport doesn't he?
Old May 17th 2005, 2:18 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

CF
No one ask me for my ID at our interview. Anyway, all it takes is a trip to the DMV to get a replacement license - no test or anything like that. What is the hold up?

Good Luck
Marnee
Old May 17th 2005, 2:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
No one ask me for my ID at our interview. Anyway, all it takes is a trip to the DMV to get a replacement license - no test or anything like that. What is the hold up?

Good Luck
Marnee

Besides the fact that not every American, let alone all immigrants, have DLs.
Old May 17th 2005, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

ControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rete
Besides the fact that not every American, let alone all immigrants, have DLs.
Neither of us was sure how long it would take to get a replacement and he doesn't have any other photo ID.

I'll look into it.

CF
Old May 17th 2005, 3:01 pm
Concierge

Neither of us was sure how long it would take to get a replacement and he doesn't have any other photo ID.

I'll look into it.

CF

He does not have a passport? Is he Mexican or Canadian by chance?
Old May 17th 2005, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

No, just never had the opportunity to travel. He will be getting one, but it seems pointless at the moment, unless he wants to visit my family in the UK without me!

CF
Old May 17th 2005, 3:12 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Her husband is a USC & from what Ive experienced its not uncommon for Americans not to have a passport. I was shocked that my husband is the only member of his family that has one & none of our circle of friends here in the US has one either!

As for getting a new drivers lisence check with you DMV it is something that is done on the spot here but each State might be different.

Re making an appointment for your AOS interview I dont quite follow that one. I thought you had to wait until you received an interview date by letter in the mail??
Old May 17th 2005, 3:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

CF
Hi CF,

I'm not sure what you mean by booking your AOS interview? The USCIS usually tells YOU when your appointment is...not the other way around...? I'm really curious about that statement

And as for the DL, it shouldn't take too long to get it replaced at DMV (in fact I think here in AZ we can even do that on-line!). He can bring his birth certificate and other things as proof of ID, if necessary.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 17th 2005, 3:30 pm
Kidd Andersson

ControlFreak wrote:

> I was hoping to book our AOS interview for sometime next month, but my
    > husband (the USC) can't find his drivers license!!
    > He's obviously going to get a replacement, but we're now wondering
    > whether we
    > should wait for it to come through before we go ahead and book.
    > We don't want to take the chance that it doesn't come through in time.
    > Ugh!! It seems to be one thing after another!! :(
    >
    > CF
    >

If he's in the US, he can go to his local DMV, tell them his was lost,
they'll charge him a fee, make sure his address is still correct, take a
new picture and boom. 10 minutes later he has a new license. No sweat.

K.

Old May 17th 2005, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi CF,

I'm not sure what you mean by booking your AOS interview? The USCIS usually tells YOU when your appointment is...not the other way around...? I'm really curious about that statement

And as for the DL, it shouldn't take too long to get it replaced at DMV (in fact I think here in AZ we can even do that on-line!). He can bring his birth certificate and other things as proof of ID, if necessary.

Best Wishes,
Rene
I'm booking the interview through Infopass because of the Rapid Adjustment Program they're doing at the Dallas office. If all goes well, I should get my GC and EAD within 90 days of the interview.
Here's a link with more info if you're interested in reading up on it...

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...#anchor4192004

As for the drivers license - I've called the local licensing office and it seems I
was worrying over nothing.
Thanks for the help though.

CF
Old May 17th 2005, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shepslady
Her husband is a USC & from what Ive experienced its not uncommon for Americans not to have a passport. I was shocked that my husband is the only member of his family that has one & none of our circle of friends here in the US has one either!

As for getting a new drivers lisence check with you DMV it is something that is done on the spot here but each State might be different.

Re making an appointment for your AOS interview I dont quite follow that one. I thought you had to wait until you received an interview date by letter in the mail??
Hi:

I agree. Seven years back I decided that prudence dictated giving my wallent to the man behind the .38 revolver with a four inch barrel. My DL was in the wallet. I took my passport to DMV when I applied for replacement -- but they asked for no ID -- it turned out that my picture was in their computer -- they generated a temporary DL right then and there -- it was pretty much a laserjet printout with my photo on it. I received the real card in the mail three weeks later.

On mail renewals, they used to send out an extension card which you pasted to the back of your license. Now, they send you a whole new license [My current license has a six year old photo -- have I greyed that much -- and showing me 17 pounds lighter.

Probably the OP's hubby won't have a problem. But it does depend upon state.
Old May 17th 2005, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

trasmus will become famous soon enoughtrasmus will become famous soon enough

It would take him about a week or 2 to get a replacement. I had to replace my ID card through the online system at the TDPS website and it took a week to come.
Old May 17th 2005, 6:52 pm
Concierge

No, just never had the opportunity to travel. He will be getting one, but it seems pointless at the moment, unless he wants to visit my family in the UK without me!

CF

Oops your husband is a US CITIZEN.
Old May 17th 2005, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Oops your husband is a US CITIZEN.
Unfortunately, yes.

It would have been so much easier if he'd been considerate enough to be
born in the UK.

CF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.