AR11 -change of address question

Old Aug 17th 2004, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default AR11 -change of address question

Hi,
I came to the US a month ago now on a K1 visa, got married and ended up moving state from the one I filed my change of status, EAD and AP at.

I am now filing a change of address form AR11. One question on the form asked the following: I am in the US as 1) Visitor 2) Permanent Resident 3) Student 4) other (specify).

Should I tick option 4 other and include an explination about coming on a K1 etc or am I now considered a permanent resident ?

Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2004, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AR11 -change of address question

Answer #4 - Other - AOS pending

You are not a PR until you have adjusted status.

Don't forget to notify service center and local office of address change. Also, send in I-865.

Originally Posted by MrDub
Hi,
I came to the US a month ago now on a K1 visa, got married and ended up moving state from the one I filed my change of status, EAD and AP at.

I am now filing a change of address form AR11. One question on the form asked the following: I am in the US as 1) Visitor 2) Permanent Resident 3) Student 4) other (specify).

Should I tick option 4 other and include an explination about coming on a K1 etc or am I now considered a permanent resident ?

Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2004, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Thanks !!. I had no idea we had to file a I-865 aswell. Didnt even know it existed.

Anyway what I did was phone the usual 1800 number and told them I wanted to change my address for AOS, AP and EAD. They took my new address, old address and the receipt numbers for all three forms. All they said I had to do then was to file an AR11 within 10 days. so does that still mean I need to contact the service center and local office...do you know !??
Old Aug 17th 2004, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Yes, you definitely want to write to the service center and local office (both old and new). Your address will not necessarily get updated unless you contact them. If your mail is returned, the service center or local office will contact Kentucky to find out if you have filed an AR-11. You can save yourself an extra wait and chance that you will not receive USCIS correspondance by covering all of your bases.

See: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...rk/aboutus.htm (under change of address for NYC)

"Customers may report a change of address for any other application submitted to this office by sending a letter to this office (see Where Are We, Mailing Address, above). Please include in the letter:

Your name as it appears in the application
Your 8 or 9 digit A-number
Your OLD and NEW address
Clearly mark your letter "ATTENTION: CHANGE OF ADDRESS" "

You will soon learn that you shouldn't give too much credence to what the 1-800 misinformation line tells you to do.

Hope this helps.

Thanks !!. I had no idea we had to file a I-865 aswell. Didnt even know it existed.

Anyway what I did was phone the usual 1800 number and told them I wanted to change my address for AOS, AP and EAD. They took my new address, old address and the receipt numbers for all three forms. All they said I had to do then was to file an AR11 within 10 days. so does that still mean I need to contact the service center and local office...do you know !??

Last edited by sphyrapicus; Aug 17th 2004 at 1:11 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, definitely contact the NBC (if that's where your stuff is processing) and local office.

I also originally called the misinformation line and updated our address. But then when we went to our local office a couple weeks later, the officer rolled her eyes and told us that they might have thought they could update our address but they can't. She did it for us right there and then. Sure enough, the "last updated" field on our online case status changed the next day, so I knew they had the new address.

Kirsten