Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

AR11/Address change question - moving to LA

AR11/Address change question - moving to LA

Old Feb 4th 2013, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

ralgex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AR11/Address change question - moving to LA

Looking for some advice. Thanks in advance...

I am a US permanent resident for 10 years in New Jersey. I gave up my apartment at the end of last year and then traveled home to the UK for 2.5 months and returned to NYC a few weeks ago. in 3-4 weeks i will be moving to LA for a permanent move.

I am currently staying with various different friends and am not at any 1 address for more than a week until I move to LA. Do I just wait till I get to LA in 3 weeks to provide submit a AR11 and provide my new permanent address? I don't want to be out of compliance because it says you have to update your address within 10 days of moving but technically, i haven't moved anywhere yet. Plus, right now I don't even know what address I would provide.

I am going to Canada for a few days next week so want to make sure i don't have any problems at the border and was just planning to provide the address of my friends house that I am staying at on my customs form. (which is different to what USCIS would have on file from my old permanent address)
Thank you!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AR11/Address change question - moving to LA

Originally Posted by ralgex
Do I just wait till I get to LA in 3 weeks to provide submit a AR11 and provide my new permanent address?
Yes.

Ian
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

ralgex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AR11/Address change question - moving to LA

That's what I figured. Thanks Ian.