Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Approved from VSC & the end of navy dilemmas!!!

Approved from VSC & the end of navy dilemmas!!!

Old Jul 13th 2002, 9:20 am
Marjeta

Default Approved from VSC & the end of navy dilemmas!!!

I called VSC today. The automated message says a cable notification was sent to the
consulate on July 10th 2002!!! We're approved!!!!!!!

My fiance sent the K1 petition to VSC on June 12th and we were worried because we
didn't get the NOA#1 for a while. As he sent it off a navy ship (he was stationed
on a carrier the last 5 months) I thought that this may have been a problem for
them, or the fact that we used his uncle's address for the time he was out to sea.
But everything is OK!, it just turned out that they only received the mail on June
24th so it took 12 days to get there from the boat. So our timeline is something
like this:

06/12: Petition I-129F sent to VSC
06/13: Petition received by VSC
06/14: Got NOA#1
06/15: Petition approved and cabled to the consulate ..now: Waiting for NOA#2 and the
stuff from the consulate in Croatia. I just need the affidavit of support from
my fiance. How long does it usually take to get one?

I'll keep you posted on how everything goes because there's hardly any info on people
from Slovenia and Croatia going through the process. It's so easy with this
newsgroup, and VSC is so fast. Good luck to everyone still waiting and don't be
impatient (easy to say)..........

Marjeta

Old Jul 13th 2002, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

swoosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Approved from VSC & the end of navy dilemmas!!!

Congratulations Marjeta! I am sure you are glad the US/Navy portion of this process is over with. Now it's all in your hands and under your control, somewhat at least =).

Good luck with the rest of the process!
Jeannine
Old Jul 14th 2002, 4:20 pm
Heidi

Default Re: Approved from VSC & the end of navy dilemmas!!!

Congrats! We just got our 2nd NOA (a day after yours) and it's really a huge relief.

As for the affidavit of support--I'm the one filling it out to send to my fiance, and
it's really just a matter of how quickly the fiance gets in gear, I think (although
maybe I'm misunderstanding your question and someone else will know?) The form does
need to be notarized, but I'm planning to fill mine out and gather the paperwork
tomorrow (Monday) so that I can get it sent out to my fiance on Tuesday. My parents
are co-sponsoring, so it did take them a little time to get together tax returns, as
my father is self-employed.